The Student Room Group

Nose pierced with a gun?

The girl who did my piercing said she had hers done with a gun, and as long as you clean it with salt water and don't touch it, it would be fine.
So far, it is fine. It aches a bit when I screw up my nose and seems to get a bit achier at the end of the day, but there's no swelling or redness, no puss, a TINY bit of white discharge that can just be wiped away. I clean it twice a day with salt water, and use diluted tea tree oil on it in the evening. During the day I use a bottle of lavender oil, witch hazel and tea tree all mixed together which I spray on if I'm out and feel the need to give it a freshen up. I can poke it up so I can clean it and when I do clean it I can twist it and there is movability which surely is a good thing?
I have read everything on guns now and yes, they are horrid. A blunt unhygienic needle forcing a blunt stud through cartiladge? Awful. But I didn't know, and it's done now.

Its been 7 days now, and as I said it seems as fine as it can be after having a stud shoved through it. But I am still a bit panicky and would like to hear from anyone who had it done with a gun and lived to tell the tale!
Does it always end in infection and scarring even if I'm really careful and OCD about it?
Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

I got mine done with a needle, not a gun (sorry!) in December and to this day it still hasn't healed (had to take it out cause I had a keloid scar and it just wouldn't go down) but seriously don't panic. My friend got hers done with a gun and her piercing didn't heal for like four months. Nose piercings heal really really slowly, continue to keep cleaning it and it should speed up the process :h:
I'd stop cleaning it so much if im honest and stop using the tea tree oil there won't be a need for it, your body know how to heal its self and doesn't need assistance. I'd clean it once a day if that obviously get a cotton bud and clean away any crusties because they will hurt if it gets into the piercing :/

Also don't twist it and try not to touch it but if you do wash your hands first :smile:

Good luck healing it and im sure they don't all heal with a lot of scarring but I'd just keep an eye on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got mine pierced with a gun in november 2013 and its mostly healed now, I rarely cleaned it and it can still be quite painful if I catch it on something but generally its fine :smile:
Reply 4
I think you clean it too much and you use so much stuff( it's just too much). You need to let it heal, if you keep cleaning it like this you're only making it harder.
I got my nose pierced 2 days ago with a gun I didn’t know it was bad until after I got it and there isn’t anything holding it from falling out it’s literaly a pointy stud and I wanted to know when it would be ok to change the sud
Original post by Kendra112
I got my nose pierced 2 days ago with a gun I didn’t know it was bad until after I got it and there isn’t anything holding it from falling out it’s literaly a pointy stud and I wanted to know when it would be ok to change the sud

Nostril piercings take around three months to heal and should have been done with L-shaped or corkscrew jewellery. Changing the jewellery before then is not recommended but the shape means you're more likely to have it accidentally fall out in your sleep or when wiping your face with a towel. Even when I was pierced with a corkscrew I'd find it half out my nose some mornings but the shape of the jewellery prevented it coming all the way out overnight.

I would recommend searching local piercing studios in your area. Explain that you had it pierced with a gun this is important because piercings done with a gun are a higher gauge (smaller size) than nostril piercings usually with a needle and ask if they'll change it for you to something that won't fall out. Having it done professionally will reduce risk of infection and be far less painful for you as they can be tricky to put in and out of even a fully healed piercing the first few times.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Im in the exact same boat got mine done on Saturday with a gun. I cant get to a piercing studio to get it changed. Does anyone know any ways I can stop the piercing from falling out.
I got my nose pierced with a gun on Saturday and the lady said to change it Monday morning to one of the studs she gave me and to clean it with neosporin twice a day. Idk if I should change it or not tho.
Reply 9
Original post by Okaii.nancy
I got my nose pierced with a gun on Saturday and the lady said to change it Monday morning to one of the studs she gave me and to clean it with neosporin twice a day. Idk if I should change it or not tho.

Change your nose to a stud? You'll look like a snowman.
Reply 10
If the lady said change it you really should. She's the expert I guess she knows better.
got mine done with a gun and was fully healed in about 8 weeks. went to a piercer to get jewelry switched and he said it looked beautiful. just depends on how you take care of it and your bodies reaction to it
hey! i got mine done a few months ago with a gun. as long as you clean it at least twice a day with sea salt and boiled you will be fine. just remember not to take it out and if you accidentally do, put it back in as quick as you can as cartilage piercings heal quickly when you’ve recently had them done. when you go to put your stud back in, find the hole where the piercing is and insert the tip into it and then position it so the top of the stud is facing upwards and push down. you will be completely fine and try not to worry about it too much 🙂 i hope this helps you ❤️.
I got mine pierced with a gun, I had brought a corkscrew piercing beforehand, and around 6 days later, I took out the straight stud I got it pierced with and but the corkscrew in. I then cleaned it with saline water and didn't touch it for a few months, and my piercing is fine now :smile:
I pierced my nose with a nose kit gun stud came with gun how do u change it
I originally whent to get my nose pierced with a needle. I went to a really professional place that had great views, awards etc etc. We were going through the different options of jewellery and I noticed the needle ones were a lot bigger than I was comfortable with and the gun ones were a bit smaller. We spoke and she said a lot of people have the same opinion but like myself are too concerned to use the gun. The woman was great and showed me the type of gun she has, explained how this was an expensive reliable one and a lot of the problems you get with guns are due to cheap equipment and guns that aren't/can't be sterilised. She took it to bits and sterilised it etc and I ended up using it as I trusted her and preferred the look of it. My piercing has been midly infected but that's mainly down to me not taking very good care of it, swimming in the lakes, forgetting to clean it and I also got a really bad cold within the same week that irritated it. I had an incident where it got caught in my hair and pulled out in the night and i had to push the piercing through a slightly sealed piercing site which it didn't like but its okay now. I've had no pain other than the initial piercing (and forcing it back through) it still has an irritation bump now (8 weeks later) and I don't intend on taking this bit of jewellery out until its completely healed and healthy. Not all gun piercings are bad and the minor issues I've had with mine haven't been a result of using the gun. I can't see why you'd have a problem if you got it done at a good place and take good care of it. My friend who was with me refused to use the gun because of its bad reputation and ended up taking hers out because she didn't like how big it was.
My stupidity has never been at an all time high when I thought you meant an actual gun :facepalm2:
I thought everyone used a gun..? No? Ok
But the memory of pain of the gun still lurks...
Hi, I’m like really embarrassed to write this but I’m scared I brought this nose piercing gun kit from SHEIN and It worked but someone told me a gun was bad for you so I’ve been doing some research and now I’m kinda scared. what should I do ?
(edited 3 years ago)
My stomach cramped slightly when reading this.

Not judging, but I never quite understood why someone would do this to themselves lol. I couldn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending