The Student Room Group

Retaking subjects? (GCSEs, 20th August)

Hi,
I'm feeling kind of cautiously optimistic about most of my gcse grades, but maths I struggled with (I got a wide range between A*s and Ds in mocks and tests) compared to mostly getting straight As/A*s in other subjects - so my question is, what do I need to do if I don't get at least a C grade in maths?

How do retakes work? What about remarking/recounting?

Basically any advice for just incase I don't get that one grade that I so desperately need.
Im kinda in the same in the same situation. With you but with english., cause I did foundation. If you are one lr two marks away from the border get it remarked, ask your teacher for advice. Im guessing you would retake it in college / sixth form.
Reply 2
Original post by Kholmes1
Im kinda in the same in the same situation. With you but with english., cause I did foundation. If you are one lr two marks away from the border get it remarked, ask your teacher for advice. Im guessing you would retake it in college / sixth form.

I did higher maths, because I was in the top set, and my maths wasn't that bad but I had a lot of things happen to damage my confidence with it, which made it hard for me to work at it. I'm hoping I at least get a C, but a B would be amazing. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest