Has anyone done a BTEC National Diploma in Business? Watch

Abbey011
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi!

I am just a little worried about my btec national diploma results for business, which will be out in aug 07 time.

I am getting some silly thoughts, about my results. Bcoz the couse was 100% coursework, i did some research and pasted it onto my units or tasks (some of them). I have been gaining most distinctions and merits in my units.

The worrying part for me is that, when they get marked by the examiners, i hope they dont unclasify me bcoz of copying work from the net. which i think was research to help support my tasks.

I would be very grateful, if some one who has already done a btec national diploma in business, tell me if this will happen or nothing like this happened to them.

Thank you in advance!!

Abbey xxx
unknownFluency
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Abbey011)
Hi!

I am just a little worried about my btec national diploma results for business, which will be out in aug 07 time.

I am getting some silly thoughts, about my results. Bcoz the couse was 100% coursework, i did some research and pasted it onto my units or tasks (some of them). I have been gaining most distinctions and merits in my units.

The worrying part for me is that, when they get marked by the examiners, i hope they dont unclasify me bcoz of copying work from the net. which i think was research to help support my tasks.

I would be very grateful, if some one who has already done a btec national diploma in business, tell me if this will happen or nothing like this happened to them.

Thank you in advance!!

Abbey xxx
As long as you 'work with it', rather than copying it, or talk about the information you've copied, you'll be alright. And if you haven't referenced the work you've produced by providing the sources it cam from / a bibliography, god help you
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
If you have copied it and made out as if it was your own work then like the over poster said, god help you :s:
Abbey011
I have referenced it..u no when u guys say...god help you..wot do u exactly mean..is it that am in a very dangerous situation ...?

Abbey
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
If you have referenced it then there shouldn't be a problem.

We are saying god help you because you have just wasted the past 2 years.
Abbey011
ok
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Copying material for coursework from an internet site or a book without acknowledging where it comes from, It'll get you in big trouble.
Abbey011
(Original post by x Sara x)
Copying material for coursework from an internet site or a book without acknowledging where it comes from, It'll get you in big trouble.

has it happened to you?

Abbey
Happyness
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you have referenced all of it, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.
jasonwhitham_2006
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey

I did a BTEC Nat Cert in Business, one below your course. I found referencing hard to do when i was doing it (2005)

When and if you come to uni they would expect you to reference in a particular style e.g. harvard

Referencing is an important tool in gaining academic credit in that it shows you are capable of "making the extra mile" so to speak.

You need to reference properly otherwise its trouble and you dont want that
Abbey011
(Original post by jasonwhitham_2006)
Hey

I did a BTEC Nat Cert in Business, one below your course. I found referencing hard to do when i was doing it (2005)

When and if you come to uni they would expect you to reference in a particular style e.g. harvard

Referencing is an important tool in gaining academic credit in that it shows you are capable of "making the extra mile" so to speak.

You need to reference properly otherwise its trouble and you dont want that
thanks for ur help..what did u get overall from ur btec course?

Abbey
jasonwhitham_2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey again

i got double merit
Abbey011
oh thats cool...if u have a good idea, what month does the btec results come out? is it same as a level day, and did u no that u were gona get MM? and did u no that ur units/ coursework was sent off. Sorry for loading u with questions, am just at the stage where i need this information from someone who has done a btec in bus..

Abbey x
jasonwhitham_2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
First thing to remember is dont worry and you are not on your own.

The BTEC national results i think do come out the same day as GCSE's and A-Levels.

My unit tutor went through my work and told me that it would be sent off - one to the examiner and one to the moderator, mind you only a sample of work is sent off to the moderator each year.

If you have any other questions, dont forget you can email me on [email protected] k

Good luck with your exam results/coursework

Hope you get to uni

Love

Jason xx
Abbey011
(Original post by jasonwhitham_2006)
First thing to remember is dont worry and you are not on your own.

The BTEC national results i think do come out the same day as GCSE's and A-Levels.

My unit tutor went through my work and told me that it would be sent off - one to the examiner and one to the moderator, mind you only a sample of work is sent off to the moderator each year.

If you have any other questions, dont forget you can email me on [email protected] k

Good luck with your exam results/coursework

Hope you get to uni

Love

Jason xx
Thank you soo much for ur help jason if i have any questions, you will be the first one who i will email.

Abbey x
steve789
Report 12 years ago
i am thinking of doing BTEC in buisness (starting sept 07) Whats the workload like?; is it hard to pass @ merit and above; do unisveritys see it as a 2 a levels?. Find it a great help if someone could get back to me
westlife2005
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, as long as ye have referenced where ye got the information from then it shouldn't be a problem!

I'm currently in the first year of 6th form and doing BTEC National Retail and referencing is the thing which our teachers keep going on about, lol! I've had it a few times with one of the three teachers i have where i've forgotten to reference infromation and then she's given it me back and told me to reference it "because it's quite obvious it isn't from my brain:rolleyes: " pmsl and then i've forgotten/lost the link to the site where i got it from!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (358)
56.38%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.65%

Watched Threads