The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1MAO GCSE Linear Maths Grade Boundaries June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mr M can you help?!
Original post by Teach me
I don't get this! Is the boundary for a C between 65-35? So anything between that is a C??

No it is a D because when u achieve 65 marks, that is a C grade. However if u achieve below 65, you will achieve a D grade.
Reply 22
Original post by K_slayer_01
No it is a D because when u achieve 65 marks, that is a C grade. However if u achieve below 65, you will achieve a D grade.

Thank you. So someone I know got 34,that a D right?
Reply 23
Original post by Teach me
Thank you. So someone I know got 34,that a D right?

No, 34 is an E.
You need 35 to get a D.
Reply 24
I was 2 marks away from a C! Arghhh
If I get my paper remarked, is it likely to change the grade? Has anyone had any history or heard anything about remarking Maths papers?
So disappointed

Thanks
Reply 25
Original post by jmahone
No, 34 is an E.
You need 35 to get a D.

okay thanks!
Reply 26
So dissappointed. I believed that if achieve atleast 57 marks i would have got a C grade... but then i find out that the grade boundary i was looking up at weeks before the test only concerned those who took their exams the previous year (june 2014)... therefore i strongly urge edexcel to consider highlighting this fact, since i used the 57 mark as a minimum to achieve a C grade. I got 60/200.. so close to 65 only if i had known. Dissapointed. But not the end of the world.
Doe anyone know what 52 UMS or 'points' would be raw mark wise?
Original post by suprem3
Is it worth remarking my math gcse I got 154

YES! Last year I was one mark off an A* in biology I got it remarked and it moved up to an A* from an A:h:
Original post by jmahone
I was 2 marks away from a C! Arghhh
If I get my paper remarked, is it likely to change the grade? Has anyone had any history or heard anything about remarking Maths papers?
So disappointed

Thanks

Yes do it mine moved up to an A* in biology and my school payed for it:colone:
i think u should
Reply 31
Is Maths likely to change though? Even for 2 marks? Is it like Science with a strict mark scheme, or may I get a nice re-marker :wink:
Original post by jmahone
Is Maths likely to change though? Even for 2 marks? Is it like Science with a strict mark scheme, or may I get a nice re-marker :wink:

"Nice" doesn't come in to it. The only query is over the accuracy of the original marker.
Reply 33
Please help! What is 46 as a number out of 200. I got a b and i was on for an a and i need to know hoe many "points" i am off?!
Reply 34
Original post by stolenprivacy
thanks, any reason why the a*/a are so low this year round mr m?

please help!! What is 46 in points as a mark? I got a b and i want to know how far from an a?!
Reply 35
Original post by alldaydreaming
doe anyone know what 52 ums or 'points' would be raw mark wise?

and 46?! What is 52 as a grade?
Original post by AlexW99
and 46?! What is 52 as a grade?

Its an A
i got 34 and it says i got a D. How many points for a c?
Reply 38
Original post by lewischapman
i got 34 and it says i got a D. How many points for a c?

Thats very strange, when it is the minimum of 35 for a D.
For a C it is 65.
My sons results said he got a mark of 34 and a grade d - however this doesn't correspond to the above grade boundaries can somebody help me! Is there a chance they have been marked incorrectly ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending