The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1MAO GCSE Linear Maths Grade Boundaries June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ah, I think I know what you mean.
If your looking at the 'points' column, 34 wil represent a D. 34 is always a D, that's just points for league tables, so ignore that column. An example of mine:image.jpg
Original post by Jourdan787
My sons results said he got a mark of 34 and a grade d - however this doesn't correspond to the above grade boundaries can somebody help me! Is there a chance they have been marked incorrectly ?

It doesn't say he has a mark of 34 - those are the performance table points for the school. He needs to ask his teacher if he wants to know his marks.
Reply 42
don't seem to have been given "mark equivalent" on my paper, just "points" which was 52, and an A grade, how do I relate that to published grade boundaries to know if it was a high or low A? thanks
Original post by A-M65
don't seem to have been given "mark equivalent" on my paper, just "points" which was 52, and an A grade, how do I relate that to published grade boundaries to know if it was a high or low A? thanks

Ask your school.
Wow nice one Edexcel batter the weaker student in favor of the stronger ones. An 8 point increase for the potential 'C' student, a 11 point decrease for potential 'A*' student and a 7 point decrease for 'A' students. Something very wrong here.

Must be all Tory at Edexcel.
Original post by FELecturerLondon
Wow nice one Edexcel batter the weaker student in favor of the stronger ones. An 8 point increase for the potential 'C' student, a 11 point decrease for potential 'A*' student and a 7 point decrease for 'A' students. Something very wrong here.

Must be all Tory at Edexcel.

No. It was down 9 marks for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iMacJack,

My bad, you are 100% right.
Please help what is 82/200 Edexcel 2015 grade
also what is B grading start from cant understand the boundaries on table?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anne walls
Please help what is 82/200 Edexcel 2015 grade
also what is B grading start from cant understand the boundaries on table?

Hi 82 is a C and the starting mark for grade B is 95 marks
I got 64/65 in June did the November re sit and feel I did much worse now o have to wait till next June! I think anyways Argh :frown:! Here's hoping they lower the boundaries for Nov
Original post by Mr M
As promised.

Mr M

Hiya,
Would these boundaries be the same for the 2016 maths exams?
Original post by 11NSHERIN
Hiya,
Would these boundaries be the same for the 2016 maths exams?

No
They will be similar but are not going to be exactly the same.
Each set of boundaries are worked out after the papers are marked and a careful analysis is done. They are unique to that exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Is each tests not out of 100
So is each test score doubled for is that for the overall gccse egg if got 10 in one test and 67 in the other would u still pass
Original post by Philippines
Is each tests not out of 100
So is each test score doubled for is that for the overall gccse egg if got 10 in one test and 67 in the other would u still pass

A total combined 77 marks from up the two exams would be a C grade pass in Edexcel higher tier GCSE maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Do u think grade boundaries will be similar for this years paper?
Why are the points higher in the foundation paper to get a C? So if you do higher you only need 65 but if you do foundation you need 139, that's really unfair if that's true.
Original post by twisted princess
Why are the points higher in the foundation paper to get a C? So if you do higher you only need 65 but if you do foundation you need 139, that's really unfair if that's true.

That's just common sense. The foundation paper is easier, so you need more marks to get the dame grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
how much easier? I really need to get a C, but got E on intermediate so wondering if i should do foundation or higher?
Original post by twisted princess
how much easier? I really need to get a C, but got E on intermediate so wondering if i should do foundation or higher?

The general advice is that if you think you have no chance of getting a B or so on higher, you should take foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending