Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

pagans evil or not? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what do you think of pagans and people who practise forms of wicca? do you think they are evil? what should be done with to them? could i have serious responses

ReputationRep:
    evil-no way! As long as they're not doing any bad magic or anything stupid whats the harm??
    xx

Pagan is a serious religion-my friend comes from a pagan family and there is nothing wrong with it just like any other religion, but i think people see it as bad because they get it confused with wicca which is more to do with magic and stuff..so they are slightly different..as my friend she is pagan so has her christmas at a different time and stuff but doesnt do all the wicca magic... it is when you get all these little teen goths playing with bad magic after watching the craft at a sleepover that it gets to me. Saying that a good friend of mine practises wicca-its fine! really to say that pagans were evil is to say that christians are evil or jews are evil...and none of that is true..so i stand to say pagans are not evil-just another religion

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sa long as it is treated as the religion it is and not as A "quick fix" then imo, whats the problem-its just another religion, like christianity, judaism etc
    xx

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: They can pretend they can do magic all they want as far as I am concerned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    what do you think of pagans and people who practise forms of wicca? do you think they are evil? what should be done with to them? could i have serious responses
    Why would you call them evil?!!! What do you mean by something being done to them? How can you say that one religion is more evil than another? :confused:

(Original post by corey)
    :rolleyes: They can pretend they can do magic all they want as far as I am concerned!
    however not all pagans do magic..wicca is just a small section of paganism

(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Why would you call them evil?!!! What do you mean by something being done to them? How can you say that one religion is more evil than another? :confused:
    exactly there would be outrage if the question were posed are christians evil or are muslims evil

My g/f is wicca, i don't mind it at all....

Makes no less sense then some other things *wont say anything specific*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    My g/f is wicca, i don't mind it at all....

Makes no less sense then some other things *wont say anything specific*
    How is your gf wicca? Do you mean she read a book about it once? Wicca my ass! :rolleyes:

(Original post by Howard)
    How is your gf wicca? Do you mean she read a book about it once? Wicca my ass! :rolleyes:
    some people can be more serious about it...some people

ReputationRep:
    Pagans or Wiccans are not evil at all. They´re just like the rest of us.

It's more of a case of her mums really serious about it and so she's learning to do it via her. Nothing major or anything but she doensn't take it that lightly. I wouldn't patronise things in general when there are exceptions...

I stay out of it all though, i'm athiest, and for that you don't even need to read a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    exactly there would be outrage if the question were posed are christians evil or are muslims evil
    I meant: why should one religion be considered more evil than another, on theological grounds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    some people can be more serious about it...some people
    The odd crank, perhaps.

But, there's more pretenders than you can shake a stick at; so many people desperate to be different. Too many people flicking through "Hinduism for Dummies" on holiday before announcing to all and sundry that they are now followers of Vishnu. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    It's more of a case of her mums really serious about it and so she's learning to do it via her. Nothing major or anything but she doensn't take it that lightly. I wouldn't patronise things in general when there are exceptions...

I stay out of it all though, i'm athiest, and for that you don't even need to read a book.
    Is her mom a member of a coven? Learning to do what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I think most (99.99%) of these Wiccan's have done nothing more than hang out in the "spiritual" section at Waterstones on a raining Sunday morning. Pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I think most (99.99%) of these Wiccan's have done nothing more than hang out in the "spiritual" section at Waterstones on a raining Sunday morning. Pathetic!
    lol its howard tha coward

ReputationRep:
    If paganism was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

ReputationRep:
    I am a Wiccan when most people ask I say pagan because for many people there is a stigma attached to Wicca. Pagan is the umbrella term which covers shamanism wicca and other religions so all wiccans are pagans but not all pagans are wiccans if that makes sense. Kind of like all catholics are christian but not all christians are catholic. Not all wiccans do spells to bring about changes ect many do. Personally I haven't done any spells maybe in the future I will but not yet. I have an alter in my room and I pray at it, I cellabrate the sabaths with rituals but I don't do spells. I think that Wicca is a religion it isn't as most people think just for little girls who want to be Witches. I would never call myself a witch because I don't think I am one.

Obviously in response to the question I don't think that wicca or paganism is an evil religion. I have been asked what about wiccans who cast evil spells ect. The easy answer to that is that they are not doing so because they are wiccan because using black magic is against the wiccan rede. People are getting more accepting of my religion (although my dad still asks me if I have grown out of it yet) I think it will eventually be accepted as a religion it will just take time.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.