Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Are there any prospective SOAS students out there? Have you sorted out your accomodation application yet?

I'm in the middle of making an accomodation application, but the whole process seems a bit confusing to me. Are future SOAS undergraduate students allowed to apply for a place in one University of London intercollegiate hall only?

My parents would like me to apply for a place at College Hall, which is the all-female University of London intercollegiate hall. Any opinions on the hall? I'm an overseas student and haven't had the opportunity to visit any halls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hillela)
    Hi!

Are there any prospective SOAS students out there? Have you sorted out your accomodation application yet?

I'm in the middle of making an accomodation application, but the whole process seems a bit confusing to me. Are future SOAS undergraduate students allowed to apply for a place in one University of London intercollegiate hall only?

My parents would like me to apply for a place at College Hall, which is the all-female University of London intercollegiate hall. Any opinions on the hall? I'm an overseas student and haven't had the opportunity to visit any halls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Hi, I applied through the website about a month ago. I put Dinwiddy House as first choice and Canterbury as second. I think you can only put down two choices. If you don't want to apply to Dinwiddy you can choose two intercollegiate hallls.

What preferences are you thinking of putting down? I put down a mixed flat and non smoking.

I went to visit Dinwiddy during their open day in february and it looked ok. They have ensuite and it's very close to the 2nd SOAS campus. I was going to choose intercollegiate but then decided I don't really want to live on catered accomodation or share bathrooms.

College hall is really close to the russell square campus but I heard a lot of first year lectures are held at the Vernon Square campus. I think Canterbury and Connaught would be the best intercollegiate halls because they are close to each other and the atmosphere should be more fun.

What are you hoping to study and where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    Hi, I applied through the website about a month ago. I put Dinwiddy House as first choice and Canterbury as second. I think you can only put down two choices. If you don't want to apply to Dinwiddy you can choose two intercollegiate hallls.

What preferences are you thinking of putting down? I put down a mixed flat and non smoking.

I went to visit Dinwiddy during their open day in february and it looked ok. They have ensuite and it's very close to the 2nd SOAS campus. I was going to choose intercollegiate but then decided I don't really want to live on catered accomodation or share bathrooms.

College hall is really close to the russell square campus but I heard a lot of first year lectures are held at the Vernon Square campus. I think Canterbury and Connaught would be the best intercollegiate halls because they are close to each other and the atmosphere should be more fun.

What are you hoping to study and where are you from?
    It's a good point that most of the first-year lectures will probably be at the Vernon Square Campus. I remember hearing that before. I now think I will be applying for a place at Dinwiddy House as my first choice, and put down College Hall as my second choice. The only preference I have is non-smoking.

I will be studying Law. My offer was unconditional, so SOAS is where I will studying. And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hillela)
    It's a good point that most of the first-year lectures will probably be at the Vernon Square Campus. I remember hearing that before. I now think I will be applying for a place at Dinwiddy House as my first choice, and put down College Hall as my second choice. The only preference I have is non-smoking.

I will be studying Law. My offer was unconditional, so SOAS is where I will studying. And you?
    Did they send you an accomodation pack? I had to email them to ask for my serial number to apply online. They must have forgotten to send me the accomodation details.

My offer is conditional for economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    Did they send you an accomodation pack? I had to email them to ask for my serial number to apply online. They must have forgotten to send me the accomodation details.

My offer is conditional for economics.
    I haven't received an accomodation pack either. I e-mailed SOAS to ask for a serial number as I thought they had forgotten all about me. Perhaps they haven't send out any accomodation packs yet?

ReputationRep:
    i haven't received one either,so i guess, no reason for worry..

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.