Fuzzy-Head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everybody

The numbers student finance (SFE) has sent me for my load does not seem to be consistent. I am hoping that somebody can clarify what is correct.

I have a letter from student finance stating that I will be get £7434 made up of a maintenance loan of £4047 and a special support grant of £3387. (I get the grant as I am disabled).

But on the student finance website it says that my maintenance loan is £5740 and the grant is £3387 totalling £9127.

I phoned student finance and the woman told me that the number on her computer is how much I should get (the £9127). However this is in conflict with information on the student finance website and information I read when I applied. Which states that the special support grant reduces how much I can claim from my loan. So in theory the loan should be the reduced amount of £4047. Can someone clear up if a mistake really has been made?

I know I probably shouldn't complain as it means I get more money but I don't want it to bite me in the ass later on.
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Fuzzy-Head

The maintenance loan can be up to £5740 if you are not living with parents and are outside of London. If you have provided household income details, this will have been assessed based on this, so it is normal you may not receive the full amount. The special support grant does not affect your loan.
If you are based in London is can be up to £8009, but again depends on household income.
If it is the final year, these rates are slightly lower also.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (52)
60.47%
No (34)
39.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed