The Student Room Group

I think I have stop growing.

I am 15 years old (16 in october) and I am just over 5 foot 6'. I hit puberty at a very young age (at 12 years old) and my body looks like a fully grown man. I haven't grown for three months. Have I stop growing? is there anything I could do?

Thankyou for anyone who suggests helpful advice....
Yes mate, its over. Time to start making the gains.
Reply 2
Please help me. I am paranoid :eek::eek:
Men do not stop growing before 18 usually, or so I was always told.

If I may ask, how do you know you have not grown in three months? Did a doctor measure you or did you do it yourself. If the latter it is rarely accurate to do so potentially you have actually grown a bit. I certainly do not remember any of my friends stopping growing at 15, even the ones who were "early bloomers" have gained atleast an inch since then (I am 17).
Reply 4
Original post by 16Characters....
Men do not stop growing before 18 usually, or so I was always told.

If I may ask, how do you know you have not grown in three months? Did a doctor measure you or did you do it yourself. If the latter it is rarely accurate to do so potentially you have actually grown a bit. I certainly do not remember any of my friends stopping growing at 15, even the ones who were "early bloomers" have gained atleast an inch since then (I am 17).

thank you very much for your reply. I measured myself measured my height. I would also like to know is it possible for me to grow to 5 11'' by the time i am 18. Do you have any tips on how to improve my height?
Original post by BULL14
thank you very much for your reply. I measured myself measured my height. I would also like to know is it possible for me to grow to 5 11'' by the time i am 18. Do you have any tips on how to improve my height?

I am no medical expert in the slightest so I have no idea, sorry.
Reply 6
Original post by BULL14
I am 15 years old (16 in october) and I am just over 5 foot 6'. I hit puberty at a very young age (at 12 years old) and my body looks like a fully grown man. I haven't grown for three months. Have I stop growing? is there anything I could do?

Thankyou for anyone who suggests helpful advice....

I was exactly the same, I went from being one of the tallest in the year group to one of the shortest in about 2 years :frown:
I don't think there's much you can really do tbf, but I found all that extra testosterone should help you very nicely if you start going to the gym :h:
Hi Bull 14, I was about that same height when I was 15, now nearly 17 I am about 5 foot 7'... but then I'm a girl.. could be different for boys. I guess when you reach a certain age you still grow but just much slower.....But if you do happen to stop growing so rapidly............... embrace your inner minion..... own it! God bless.. stay classy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending