This discussion is closed.
PlayBunny07
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
erm yeh i havent sent off my forms yet coz ive just moved house and stuff........ i was just wondering is this gona cause any problems? i kno the deadline has passed and so on....
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
have u not sent off the 1st form? i think its called he1, possibly!
PlayBunny07
..parenst dont want em to move away and go to uni.. they expect me to still live at home.. they keep asking bout what uni's ive apllied to and which one i am goin to but i keep passing it off and say ...' o ill see when i get my results'

The truth of the matter is i want to get as far away from hoem as possible coz my 'rents are far too controlling.. i just done kno what to do bout it.. do i tell them now that oif i get the grades im off the manchester or do i put it off like i am doin so and leave it till a bit later on!
The only other thing is that ive blagged them into flling in my student loan forms and ****!
And i fear that when i tell my parents that im movein out and goin to uni far away they will refuse to pay my fee!

Argg what do i do?

Would a bank give a new student a loan to pay their fees?
anyone else had thsi experiance!?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, ure loan and fee subsadies are dependant on your parents income, if they decide not to pay, u will have to pay anyway, ppl bank do not consider your situation, only your parents.
PlayBunny07
i think ive sent that one off.. i ahvents ent off the one bout confirmation of earning and stuff!

argg dont tell me i wont get a loan now! coz im ****ed if thats the case!

its just coz ive moved house and the forms were put sumwhere with all the other paperwork and it took a whiel to unpack!
PlayBunny07
i mean as in would ur average normal highstreet bank... barclays/abbey national and so on give an 18 year old prospective student a loan to pay student fees or to do anything with?
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm in a similar position except I'm not off the uni for other two years.

I know what it is like - I have a curferw of 8 o'clock everyday and I'm 16!

I'm tirng to get a job so I can save some money so I can run away to uni.

At present, the way my parents are, I think I'll move out while they are at work and leave a note!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
8? harsh, no a highstreet bank would not give u an extra loan as i am assuming you have nothing to secure it with. i dont no what happens in that situation. the min loan u are entitled to however is 3000 a year. this can rise to 4000. maybe that'll have to do??
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
I have no experience of this but I would probably recommend that you try and talk to your parent and explain to them that moving away to University is what you want. If you can give them reasons (other than ones that could offend them like - dont like it here) then I'm sure they would see that it is what you want that is important. Also I think it would be better to do this than have the last minute debate on the subject on results day as to where your going. At least by talking it through you will know where you stand.

I would probably try doing this before you look into bank loans, as hopefully you may not require them.
PlayBunny07
running away to uni.... yup thats what im planning on doin........and the leaving a note thing seems like a good idea!

the way i see it i send off my student loan forms hopefully still get my loan.. then mayb speak to the bank manager to arrange another loan... ill just have to live life hard at uni!

but i need to get away!
ur 16 and have an 8 pm curfew?........ im 18 and my parents dont like itr if i out the house after 6!

I sneak out every saturday and friday to go clubbing or to see my boyfriend!
im 18 god damn it!
the only way i can get out of teh house without 21 questions is by saying im at work¬
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
damn! and i thought i had it harsh! at least im allowed to go out pretty much whenever
PlayBunny07
This is hwy i have to get away to uni.. so hopefully i still get my student loan even if it is a bit late... and hopefully 'they' will pay my fees if noe ill just have to do it sumother way .. how i dunno but im sure ill find away?

thsi may seem stupid coz i shud already kno thsi but how much are student fees?
PlayBunny07
can i use my student loan to pay my fees?

just an idea?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that what they're for, im gonna move all ure various threads together... u seem to have 3 on the go!

there u go
PlayBunny07
ok im a dumb ass!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have done a lot of research in the student stuff

The most you will be charged for fees is £1,100 per year.

If your parents earn under £20,480 per year you pay no fees
If your parents earn betwenn £20,480 and £30,501 you pay part fees.
If your parents earn over this full fees have to paid!

Check out www.studentmax.com - its really handy!
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by PlayBunny07
..parenst dont want em to move away and go to uni.. they expect me to still live at home.. they keep asking bout what uni's ive apllied to and which one i am goin to but i keep passing it off and say ...' o ill see when i get my results'

The truth of the matter is i want to get as far away from hoem as possible coz my 'rents are far too controlling.. i just done kno what to do bout it.. do i tell them now that oif i get the grades im off the manchester or do i put it off like i am doin so and leave it till a bit later on!
The only other thing is that ive blagged them into flling in my student loan forms and ****!
And i fear that when i tell my parents that im movein out and goin to uni far away they will refuse to pay my fee!

Argg what do i do?

Would a bank give a new student a loan to pay their fees?
anyone else had thsi experiance!?
You really need to speak to your parents. If possible speak to another adult (teacher, relative etc..) and ask if they can speak to your parents about it while your with them. Try to point out to your parents that your an adult at 18 and should be able to make your own decisions.
PlayBunny07
thank you very much ..........that has been a greta help to me! thanx ever so much!
now i kno that the max ill have to find is £3,300..hummm shudnt be too hard... a hell just use up the savings!

for sum reason i thought it wud b much more!
PlayBunny07
i wud try that if i thought id wud work but it wont!
my parenst will not listen to anyone!

I mean for christ sake my older bro is what 22 goin on 23 and they still try and control him.. they runied his god damn marriage!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah but that is just for fees

What about rent, bills and food? Rent comes to about £900 per year!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.32%
No (597)
65.68%

Watched Threads