Turn on thread page Beta

Whats happened to my life!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what are some decent tips to fight really depressing moods, seriously i'm so depressed at the moment, everything in my life has screwed up and im just

ReputationRep:
    Go on holiday to somewhere tropical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Go on holiday to somewhere tropical.
    I did that. Made be worse, so baaaaaad advice . Go and see a doctor .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Maiden)
    what are some decent tips to fight really depressing moods, seriously i'm so depressed at the moment, everything in my life has screwed up and im just
    harrr i been feeling like that all the time

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting to the point where I think Im going to literally go mad because of exams and other things, friends etc, but whenever I'm feeling very down i try not to cry, and I give my boyfriend or my bezzie a call to see if they are free to talk. it helps sometimes just to talk to someone who cares
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Willow)
    I'm getting to the point where I think Im going to literally go mad because of exams and other things, friends etc, but whenever I'm feeling very down i try not to cry, and I give my boyfriend or my bezzie a call to see if they are free to talk. it helps sometimes just to talk to someone who cares
    xx
    but sometimes they don't understand

ReputationRep:
    Try to talk to your friends about your feelings, it will help a little. If it gets really bad, you could try antidepressants.

I was depressed for 6 years and got over it, there's no one set way of doing it, just find whatever works for you and do it. Think about whats wrong and how you can resolve that, there's not really a magical cure i can give you - you have to do it yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)

Tell me about it, im at texactly the same place in my life i was a year ago. same friends, hang out areas and still doing exams!

ReputationRep:
    its probably cos of all the exams. u will be alrite after dey are over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    aww I know, but It helps me just to get it all out-went to the drs a couple of months ago for help, and it kinda scared me when he was like yeah sure seroxat blah blah blah-I just didn;t want to be controlled by drugs but sometimes they are the only option
    xx

Tell me about it, im at texactly the same place in my life i was a year ago. same friends, hang out areas and still doing exams!
    sounds like you are just a bit fed up with everything still being in the same place..if talking to someone doesnt help then maybe after exams are over you need to do something about it-find something new for your life, like take up something you enjoy, go somewhere new, find some new friends (not to replace your old ones) and see if that helps and then if it doesnt try something a bit more drastic like drugs. i was offered antidepressants but turned them down and opted for a physchologist instead- it seemed to work

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling Alas I don't know how to fight it

ReputationRep:
    What happened with the fella then? Did you go round to his the other night? Hope you're ok.
    Amb1

ReputationRep:
    Go away for a week or two. Travel around or stay in a big city. Sometimes a new environment can lift you mood and leave your problems behind - for a time at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusd_puzzled)
    its probably cos of all the exams. u will be alrite after dey are over
    Real depression doesn´t stem from having exams.

Exactly, if this is all about exams then don't say you're depressed, use the word "worried" - however if you have real issues (which i'm not saying you don't) then sorry to misjudge and hopefully you'll end up like me (i mean that in a good way, it isn't an insult.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Exactly, if this is all about exams then don't say you're depressed, use the word "worried" - however if you have real issues (which i'm not saying you don't) then sorry to misjudge and hopefully you'll end up like me (i mean that in a good way, it isn't an insult.)
    Well said. And if you (MonkeyMaiden) have real problems, I apologise for misjudging you.

ReputationRep:
    well i get my boyfriend to come over and i just cry
    helps me loads
    or ill speak to my best friend, shes really good at makin me feel good.
    talk to someon close to you, if not speak to someone on the internet, like us.
    we can make u feel better!

well i get my boyfriend to come over and i just cry
    i do that too..it is very unfair on him and i don't know what i will do when he is at university..who will i cry on? i don't know..but yeh crying is good!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.