The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Are you looking for accommodation? I bet you are!

Okay, so there's a lot of different people on lots of different threads looking for accommodation and I think it might be easier to have it all in one place.
I'm going to London tomorrow (from Yorkshire, urghh) to view properties, and let me tell you, talking to estate agents is no fun at all.

So if you're looking for accommodation or roommates, to make it easier for everyone, reply below with:

If you're just looking for anywhere atm -
First name:
Course:
Year:

If you've found somewhere and need people:
Area:
Amount of roommates needed:
PPPW:

I'm still waiting on some details from estate agents, but my name is Bethany and I'm studying Politics as a first year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'll add my name as looking for somewhere
Grace
History
Ist year
:smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Looking for a place
Linnea
Biochemistry
1st year
Reply 3
Hi, I'm also looking for accommodation
Fahd
Physics
1st year
Don't know if this counts but I've just graduated in Law from Queen Mary and I'll probably be needing accomodation soon too, as I'm planning to stay in London but haven't got a job confirmed yet, and my tenancy ends in September.

I want to move out of my current house but I guess it would also be possible to get three other people in. But I really don't recommend my landlord.
Reply 5
How far are you guys willing to go from the Uni? A lot of the ones that are close have gone, so we might have to go further away.
Hi, looking for accommodation
Joe
Politics
1st year
Original post by BPickering
How far are you guys willing to go from the Uni? A lot of the ones that are close have gone, so we might have to go further away.

I'm willing to go about 45 min walk away
Reply 8
Hi am also looping for a place!

Eleanor
French and German
1st year
Reply 9
Right, so I've found one that's £173pppw that's 1.2 miles away, however the 173 doesn't include bills (but no council tax). I've got no experience of London to be honest, so is this reasonable?
Hey, i've found a 6 bed house that is 0.5 miles away from Queen Mary.

heres the link:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/37840778?search_identifier=0e12e2f1a14949ca202cd97fc3e5f2eb#1xqE6OMp1SFycJiW.97
Right, so I've found one that's £173pppw that's 1.2 miles away, however the 173 doesn't include bills (but no council tax). I've got no experience of London to be honest, so is this reasonable?

Sounds around average from what I've been looking at for past few days. Personally, a mile or so sounds reasonable.
Reply 12
Original post by JoePalmer1996
Hey, i've found a 6 bed house that is 0.5 miles away from Queen Mary.

heres the link:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/37840778?search_identifier=0e12e2f1a14949ca202cd97fc3e5f2eb#1xqE6OMp1SFycJiW.97

Looks good. Can you call them and check it's still available?
Looks good. Can you call them and check it's still available?

Yeah i've just called them, its still available thankfully.
I can go and view the property tomorrow afternoon, however we will need to definitely need to have all six people on board as we will have to put a deposit down asap. I can always cancel the viewing if this isn't possible although it looks like a good one :smile:
Reply 14
I'm in, and I can come view it tomorrow aswell.
I'm in, and I can come view it tomorrow aswell.

Ok cool, the viewing is at 2 in the afternoon tomoro if u can make that. Could you add me on facebook so i can give you further details. My name is Joe Palmer, I live in colchester. My profile picture is me and a girl eating pizza lol.

We will still need to try at least another 3 people on board as we may have to put down a small holding deposit tomorrow to stop the property from being taken.
Reply 16
Original post by JoePalmer1996
Ok cool, the viewing is at 2 in the afternoon tomoro if u can make that. Could you add me on facebook so i can give you further details. My name is Joe Palmer, I live in colchester. My profile picture is me and a girl eating pizza lol.

We will still need to try at least another 3 people on board as we may have to put down a small holding deposit tomorrow to stop the property from being taken.

I can't find your profile, but I sent a link to mine to your PM.
Reply 17
I'll definitely be looking to take a room, and I also know 2 other people who are interested as well
Reply 18
I am interested, I am going to be studying Computer Science at Queen Mary.
hey guys, add me on facebook if you are interested in house sharing

heres the link: https://www.facebook.com/joe.palmer.332

We are going to put together a group chat on fb soon so we can get things sorted quicker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending