What do you do on GCSE Results Day? Watch

Grade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm really nervous for tomorrow. I don't think I did the best, but we'll see. I know you get your grades, but I'm also worried about sixth form and enrolment. I'm not really prepared.

I wanted to ask after you get your results, do you confirm your place at sixth form on the same day after you get your results? How does it work?, do you just show them your grades, cause I have feeling I didn't meet all my entry requirements, but I pray and hope they allow me to still do what I want to do and the entry requirements are informal. What happens if I don't get the grades I need?

I'm just really scared.
jd_xox
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
If you are applying to the same school for sixth form, they will have already have seen your grades and would ask to talk to you about your options if needs be.
If you are applying to a different school for sixth form, you need to take your results to your chosen school and go to reception with those.
Even if you don't meet your entry requirements, they may let you take the course! Remain hopeful
good luck x
Grade
Rep:
?
(Original post by jd_xox)
If you are applying to the same school for sixth form, they will have already have seen your grades and would ask to talk to you about your options if needs be.
If you are applying to a different school for sixth form, you need to take your results to your chosen school and go to reception with those.
Even if you don't meet your entry requirements, they may let you take the course! Remain hopeful
good luck x
Thank you. I'm applying to the same school for sixth form. Does this happen on the same day as GCSE Results Day (tommorow). I hope they let me, even though I may not have reached my requirements.

What happens if they don't let me? Do I not get accepted or do I still get accepted, but have to do BTEC's, instead?
jd_xox
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Grade)
Thank you. I'm applying to the same school for sixth form. Does this happen on the same day as GCSE Results Day (tommorow). I hope they let me, even though I may not have reached my requirements.

What happens if they don't let me? Do I not get accepted or do I still get accepted, but have to do BTEC's, instead?
Yeah it generally happens on results day, so they can amend your timetable for september if needs be. It can defo happen! If they don't let you, they may advise you to take other subjects.

At my school, you have the general entry requirements which are 5 a*-c gcses but then you have specific subject requirements. Obviously, to get into the sixth form you need to meet the entry requirements, but with the other specific subject ones these are easily negotiable. I'm not sure about btecs, they're not offered at my school sorry
Grade
Rep:
?
(Original post by jd_xox)
Yeah it generally happens on results day, so they can amend your timetable for september if needs be. It can defo happen! If they don't let you, they may advise you to take other subjects.

At my school, you have the general entry requirements which are 5 a*-c gcses but then you have specific subject requirements. Obviously, to get into the sixth form you need to meet the entry requirements, but with the other specific subject ones these are easily negotiable. I'm not sure about btecs, they're not offered at my school sorry
Thank you for the help. Highly appreciated.

Good luck tommorow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (164)
17.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (82)
8.72%
No I am happy with my course choice (560)
59.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (134)
14.26%

Watched Threads