The Student Room Group

Volunteering to help getting accepted in to uni

Hey,

I've been looking at some volunteer work to help my uni application. I'm looking at doing Children'd nursing and I've found a volunteer role in a primary school twice a week to help children with there reading skills.
Would this help with my application or would i need to look for something a bit more in the health area.

Im struggling to find it in health and my application has to be submitted in a few months.

Help!!!

Thank you :smile: xx
I would go with the primary school. You'll probably struggle to find anything child health related.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katie Thomas
Hey,

I've been looking at some volunteer work to help my uni application. I'm looking at doing Children'd nursing and I've found a volunteer role in a primary school twice a week to help children with there reading skills.
Would this help with my application or would i need to look for something a bit more in the health area.

Im struggling to find it in health and my application has to be submitted in a few months.

Help!!!

Thank you :smile: xx

Depending on how old you are, you could look into volunteering for local children's charities or hospices. There are a fair few in my area that are health related i.e. brain injury, and autism.

If not, I would definitely say go for the primary school. You can relate your experiences to children's health and the skills you learn will be transferable. Successfully interacting with children is essential in Children's Nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest