The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Shared House

Hi Guys,

I recently got into Oxford Brookes through clearing and this means the chances of getting into halls are very slim. Therefore I am looking for people in the same situation as me and are looking for shared houses at roughly £100 per week. If anybody is interested I have a managed to find a few properties that are definitely within that budget but are subject to getting the right amount of people we need to fill the houses.

Let me know if any of you are interested!
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm interested in sharing a house if I don't get into halls but I don't think I'll find out till the 26th so all I can do at the moment is wait. About how many people would be in the house?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
I don't find out until then either however its nice to have a back up just incase! It would be roughly 4-6 people dependent on the house we choose, so if you know anybody else in the same boat, let me know!
Reply 3
Count me in please! I worry that it will be too late for me to get an accommodation if i didn't get 1 on 26 August!
Reply 4
Original post by jian94
Count me in please! I worry that it will be too late for me to get an accommodation if i didn't get 1 on 26 August!

apparently the deadline to apply for student accommodation was yesterday 23rd if you accepted their offer on or after August 13th (offer to study at Brookes) I just got off the phone from the lady from the accommodation bureau and since I'm a clearing student I was waiting all day yesterday for the email with the link so I could apply but didn't get anything..... took matters into my own hands and rang them up, explained everything and she send me the application form but it's still past the deadline (done it today) so I think I'll be looking at shared houses :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Chiefe
apparently the deadline to apply for student accommodation was yesterday 23rd if you accepted their offer on or after August 13th (offer to study at Brookes) I just got off the phone from the lady from the accommodation bureau and since I'm a clearing student I was waiting all day yesterday for the email with the link so I could apply but didn't get anything..... took matters into my own hands and rang them up, explained everything and she send me the application form but it's still past the deadline (done it today) so I think I'll be looking at shared houses :biggrin:

I had done the application and waiting for the answer on 26th. But I need to looking at shared houses as a backup plan. So kindly PM me if u got one. If the offer of the shared houses is better, I might decline the offer from OBU.
Reply 6
Hey, I am also eager to share a house. What details do you have?
Reply 7
I didn't get put into halls. Is anyone in the same situation?
Reply 8
Yes, me!! I need some accommodation asap, im going on holiday tomorrow and now I'm stressing :frown: but gutted about not being in halls
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Do you know of any big groups chats or anything where people are talking about sharing houses? I'm not even really sure where to start
I'm looking at Student houses, I did get an offer of accommodation but I really don't want to stay in catered halls and 5 miles away from campus when I have a lot of contact hours :s-smilie: I'm also going to struggle with the price :frown:
Reply 11
Same, my mum is looking at flats available now and it's so much cheaper I just don't know anyone else
Reply 12
I didn't realise there were flats
Original post by bilbodragon
I'm looking at Student houses, I did get an offer of accommodation but I really don't want to stay in catered halls and 5 miles away from campus when I have a lot of contact hours :s-smilie: I'm also going to struggle with the price :frown:

I'm in exactly the same position, got put in to Lady Spencer when my lessons are in Headington, really don't want to be catered either, want to find a house ASAP

I also have a friend going to Brookes and she's willing to look with me if we can find a group of people
Original post by ktlishman
I'm in exactly the same position, got put in to Lady Spencer when my lessons are in Headington, really don't want to be catered either, want to find a house ASAP

I also have a friend going to Brookes and she's willing to look with me if we can find a group of people

I don't know if I sound silly, I just really wouldn't be happy staying there at all, it's not ideal. I want to look for student housing but I don't know what to do, I'd be happy to join a group looking for student housing, it'd be a lot cheaper .
Original post by ameliex
Do you know of any big groups chats or anything where people are talking about sharing houses? I'm not even really sure where to start

Those who haven't been offered a room at hall's (or don't want to accept their offer) take a look at these facebook groups, if you yet don't know about them, people there are always putting ads about rooms available or are looking for people to house hunt with:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160632823948859/?ref=bookmarks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BrookesUnion.Housing/?ref=bookmarks

Also do try searching through spareroom.co.uk and gumtree and Good Luck! :redface:
Reply 16
Original post by ktlishman

Hey, just found out that also need to find a shared house! So more than happy to join you guys in looking for the house or even living together. I'm flexible with the budget so willing to pay more for the rent! What are you looking to pay per week?
Reply 17
I'm looking ideally for a shared house around Headington because that's where my lectures are going to be
Original post by bilbodragon
I don't know if I sound silly, I just really wouldn't be happy staying there at all, it's not ideal. I want to look for student housing but I don't know what to do, I'd be happy to join a group looking for student housing, it'd be a lot cheaper .

Yeah thats how I'd feel, to be honest neither of us no how or where to start
Reply 19
Have you all been invited to join that social group chat thing by email from the accommodation team?

Quick Reply

Latest