The Student Room Group

My first ever cup if Tea

It may sound shocking but i'm 17 and had my first ever cup of tea today. I just have to say what is the whole fuss about tea for? It was very average for me and just water with a bit of flavour? Although, one benefit was i did feel really relaxed and calm while drinking it but i'm not sure what the whole obsession is!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexp98
It may sound shocking but i'm 17 and had my first ever cup of tea today. I just have to say what is the whole fuss about tea for? It was very average for me and just water with a bit of flavour? Although, one benefit was i did feel really relaxed and calm while drinking it but i'm not sure what the whole obsession is!

Wait till life gets stressful. Then you'll know what the fuss is about.
Reply 2
Original post by alexp98

Wait until you dunk a few biscuits in there; your head will be blown.
Maybe you are just a coffee person, but tea is supreme
Reply 4
It's an acquired taste.
Original post by alexp98

what kinda tea? I love chai with two sugars and coffee whitener :coma:
Reply 6
Original post by Man.bear.pig
what kinda tea? I love chai with two sugars and coffee whitener :coma:

Just normal with teabag, 2 sugars and a bit of milk :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by HornDirndlFest
Maybe you are just a coffee person, but tea is supreme

Yeah, i really like coffee, yet to see what the fuss is about with Tea though but maybe I'll enjoy it more later in life.
Original post by alexp98
Just normal with teabag, 2 sugars and a bit of milk :smile:

what do you mean normal? like lipton black tea?
Reply 9
Original post by Davalla
Wait until you dunk a few biscuits in there; your head will be blown.

XD Dipping a digestive into a cup of tea is just...bleurgh. It usually ends up falling apart in the cup after the first dunk then just as you're enjoying a sip ... a soggy biscuit piece lands in your mouth unexpectedly and ruins the experience. Truly awful. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
XD Dipping a digestive into a cup of tea is just...bleurgh. It usually ends up falling apart in the cup after the first dunk then just as you're enjoying a sip ... a soggy biscuit piece lands in your mouth unexpectedly and ruins the experience. Truly awful. ^-^

Nah that's all part of the fun- you can turn any boring cup of tea into an adventure!

Or, you could try a custard cream. < That's like moving to the next level of biscuit dunking.
Original post by Davalla
Nah that's all part of the fun- you can turn any boring cup of tea into an adventure!

Or, you could try a custard cream. < That's like moving to the next level of biscuit dunking.

If I ever wish to have an adventure all I need to do is add sugar. :woo:

Oh gosh, no. Now that is beyond awful, custard cream biscuit filling dissolving in my tea¿ No thanks. XD

Maybe just a biscuit that won't break upon dunking, let me know when you discover one please. :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

That only happens if you're silly and negligent and allow it to sit in the mug for too long a time.

All about them rich tea biscuits though, or better yet, HOB NOBS!
Reply 13
That's because you're a vile heathen. But seriously, I agree. More of a coffee man.
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or you could just take it out before it falls in?

I'm an ideas man.
Original post by James Milibanter
That only happens if you're silly and negligent and allow it to sit in the mug for too long a time.

All about them rich tea biscuits though, or better yet, HOB NOBS!

No it doesn't! Bc I'm totally neither of those things and it still happens. XD How long would you say is an average biscuit dunk?

Hobnobs aren't strong enough either. :emo: McVities need to get their act together. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, 'normal' black tea isn't anything remarkable. I used to drink several cups of tea a day as a kid, with and without sugar, but now it's just... meh :lol:

You should try something a little more expensive than off-the-shelf tea, different flavors (green tea is great), remove the milk and sugar too.
Reply 17
I always have to have a cup of tea in the morning or else I cant focus all day. Also after a long day it helps to de-stress I feel. I always have tea but hate coffee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by little_wizard123
Or you could just take it out before it falls in?

I'm an ideas man.

Yes, but how in Galileo am I supposed to know when it's about to fall in? I can't see half of the biscuit bc it's in my mug and the other half which is viewable doesn't give me any warning. :emo:

You're an ideas man. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
No it doesn't! Bc I'm totally neither of those things and it still happens. XD How long would you say is an average biscuit dunk?

Hobnobs aren't strong enough either. :emo: McVities need to get their act together. ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

1-2 seconds. any more and you're playing with fire.

Hobnobs aren't for dunking, but they're nice to have with a good brew.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending