The Student Room Group

What is one to do without certificates?

Hello, I've only just registered, but I've been lurking for a while. :tongue:

I've just tried to enrol on an Access to HE course at my local college. I need to prove that I have GCSE grades to be allowed onto the course. This isn't the first time that this particular issue has arisen. I haven't actually got my certificates, the original copies or that piece of paper with the list of results. I left school to go to work and I didn't need any certificates to do my catering qualification, as they weren't ever requested.

My issue now goes like this: my school went into 'liquidation' and subsequently, closed down and I've contacted WJEC, the Welsh exam board, who confirmed that the school I went to did use them, however I wasn't on their system for whatever reason, which meant they couldn't assist me further.

I am now stuck without any certificates and I need advice on where to go from here.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by funkyferret
Hello, I've only just registered, but I've been lurking for a while. :tongue:

I've just tried to enrol on an Access to HE course at my local college. I need to prove that I have GCSE grades to be allowed onto the course. This isn't the first time that this particular issue has arisen. I haven't actually got my certificates, the original copies or that piece of paper with the list of results. I left school to go to work and I didn't need any certificates to do my catering qualification, as they weren't ever requested.

My issue now goes like this: my school went into 'liquidation' and subsequently, closed down and I've contacted WJEC, the Welsh exam board, who confirmed that the school I went to did use them, however I wasn't on their system for whatever reason, which meant they couldn't assist me further.

I am now stuck without any certificates and I need advice on where to go from here.

Most schools use more than 1 exam board (e.g.English with WJEC but Maths with Edexcel) , so it's possible that you did all your exams with other boards. The main other ones are AQA, Edexcel and OCR, so you could try them.
Reply 2
AQA won't confirm until I make a payment to them and in the case that I did sit any exams with them, would want over £30 per each result confirmation. This isn't refundable and a lot of money to waste on the chance. OCR is a similar issue, but actually more expensive.

Just to note: I never actually received the certificates in the first instance. I only had a statement of results, which disappeared long ago.

Quick Reply

Latest