pti12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, basically I got into MEng electrical and electronic engineering course for 2015. It was quite sudden as it was through clearing. I had been thinking about engineering for quite some time and decided to go along with it.

I didn't continue physics after GCSE and hope this doesn't disadvantage me.

I was wondering could I do a masters in pet eng after graduating even though i'm doing MEng which is basically a masters.

What routes are there to pet eng after graduating with an MEng in EEE.

What does the future hold for both these degrees - Strain on use of fossil fuels, peak oil,shift towards electric cars and renewable electric energy systems.

Would you recommend me doing a masters in pet eng. Would it be worthwile considering the decline of the oil industry and rise of electricity and battery operated systems.

Which career will be more lucrative in 10, 20 yrs time.
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pti12)
Hi guys, basically I got into MEng electrical and electronic engineering course for 2015. It was quite sudden as it was through clearing. I had been thinking about engineering for quite some time and decided to go along with it.

I didn't continue physics after GCSE and hope this doesn't disadvantage me.

I was wondering could I do a masters in pet eng after graduating even though i'm doing MEng which is basically a masters.

What routes are there to pet eng after graduating with an MEng in EEE.

What does the future hold for both these degrees - Strain on use of fossil fuels, peak oil,shift towards electric cars and renewable electric energy systems.

Would you recommend me doing a masters in pet eng. Would it be worthwile considering the decline of the oil industry and rise of electricity and battery operated systems.

Which career will be more lucrative in 10, 20 yrs time.
Or you could work as an electrical or electronics engineer in the oil industry.
pti12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
True that, i've been looking into BP's graduate scheme. Any other thoughts/opinions regarding the rest of my post :holmes:
Ignore the emoji
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It'd make a lot more sense to do a BEng then an MSc. 2 Masters are pointless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
13.86%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.04%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.7%

Watched Threads