I can't stand my damn brother Watch

This discussion is closed.
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey,

I have a little s**t of a brother, who comes into my room when I'm not in and takes my CDs, my expensive toiletries, downloads tonnes of this c**p afterdark music onto the computer, sprays lynx around like its water!

He puts a lock on his room (a ****ty padlock the size of your thumb) saying he doesn't want us to go into his room! The f**cking cheek! I went in before to reclaim my CDs and my mother comes up shouting at me saying I'm breaking his door. I'm just bloody p*****d off! I asked for a lock ages ago to stop him coming in my room, and I got no help at all. My mother defends him over anything, and he's a little s**t! He's probably out now drinking his White Lightning with his friends.

Anybody else have the same problems?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, i have a cool bro, he 6 years younger so i guess that helps

u sound pretty annoyed! u must be if i have to edit ure post slightly!
byb3
Rep:
?
I never realised the board has began to censor out bad language, it always used to come out before. Just makes me look more frustrated I guess. Which is true. The brother in question is 4 years younger (year 10 next year).
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
try talkin to your mum in the mornin or summit when uve calmed down, and explain rationally that ur feelin a little bit used by ur bro, and explain why.

then maybe shell get a padlock for ur door! or at least have words with him like.worth a shot? x o x
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats a harsh age gap, i find actually talking to parents helps, they may not show it but that'll make them think about it

(im a new mod so with no official policy i just go by d's forum guidelines!)
Toyosi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got a bit of a crap little bro too. Thing is years 17 and way bigger than me so when we fight he invariably wins. Have put up with his moody **** and whenever I feel the urge to burn all his possesions I remind myself that I'm going to uni soon and will only have to see him at christmas and easter. He's so bloody sulky and literally only talks when he wants something. We fight bigstyle over the TV cause he lives on the playstation and the once a week when I wanna watch ER this becomes problematic. He knicks my CDs and actually left all of them at a friends 200 miles away so I was music-less for nearly a year. He insults my friends and my taste in everything and at school he is known as the boy with two facial expressions. I was so fed up with everyone, teachers included going on about how he never talks, is a moody b*****d yadiyada. Okay have finished my rant.

Get your mum to go retrieve all your possesions or get a lock on your door. Ooh, set up a boody trap so he's caught in a net when he enters your room without permission. Haven't quite figured out the logistics of that one but am sure you'll manage.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, u sound pretty angry bout it, just tell ure mum about it, really blunk and straight, that will shock her into doing something
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree with Ollie, I've got a sister, who can be a complete and utter pain in the arse sometimes, and it's a lose lose situation for me, as I'm older, etc. But what he suggests could work, if not say she's using favouritism, which should result in her being excessively harsh against him to disprove this.
Good luck

Phil
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have a twin brother who used to always rob my cds and stuff (and scratch them!). i eventually decided the easiest thing to do was let him take them + any he damaged i told my parents about when i was calm. to be honest i know this doesn't help, but it does get easier as they get older.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could also blame anyother damage on him, so as to get your parents to pay for a replacement.
A bit pikey, but they usually deserve it.

Phil
byb3
Rep:
?
cheers for the advice guys
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anytime, keep us posted on how it works out.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Having no brothers or sisters, I can't comment.

Though, I do have an idea involving your brother and a gun.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have a little brother who getrs away with everything as well. There is a 2 1/2 year age gap but he's about a foot taller than me (and I'm not exactly short) and he thinks its funny to (try) intimidating me in front of my friends and making up stuff to try and make himself look big and hard. It just gets on my nerves.

I think its younger brothers who are the problem. All my friends who have younger bro's get annoyed with them. However all my friends who have older brothers get along with them really well. Funny really.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think its younger brothers who are the problem. All my friends who have younger bro's get annoyed with them. However all my friends who have older brothers get along with them really well. Funny really.
but what do their older bros think of their your friends
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They really get along with each other no arguements or anything!!! For example - a couple of my friends regularly go and visit their brothers at uni for the weekend and come back having had a really good weekend. I wouldn't even consider inviting my younger bro up to visit me at uni when i go in spetember.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea but u cant say its cos their bros are older, cos from ure friends bros point of view they are younger
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well they are all girls, so basically all my girlfriends with older bro's get along with them, but all my girlfriends with youngers bro's hate them and find them a pain in the backside.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
girls tend to look up to older brrothers, and they really look down on younger. dont no why, just seems to always be that way!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Also, if you've got an older brother/sister, who's about 2 years older, it can be a good way to meet girls/boys.

Phil
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise