The Student Room Group

Are my AS grades enough for Pharmacy offers?

My results were not as good as I expected. I got BCDD (D in chem, B in biology, C in maths and D in history) I seriously messed up my EMPA and CHEM1 paper somehow and I'll be resitting them both next year along with C1 Maths (I really don't know how I f*cked up these papers as they're supposed to be the easiest but whatever)

The universities I was thinking about applying to were; University of Birmingham, Aston, Cardiff Uni, Keele Uni and University of Nottingham. Are there any of these of which I should steer away from as I will probably have no chance of an interview let alone an offer? I'm most hesitant about Nottingham :/

I'm positive that I can pull up my grades, I just want to know if the Universities will think I can too. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that my predicted grades are ABB:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Yeah you can apply as long as you get your predicted grades up to at least ABB, preferably AAB.

I got BBCC at AS and I got all five offers.

You need to think if you're able to get the grades up to at least BBB, if not, then don't bother. Aston and Birmingham were in clearing this year apparently and let people in with BBB. Nottingham however were not in clearing and hardly ever are for pharmacy.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greenmath
My results were not as good as I expected. I got BCDD (D in chem, B in biology, C in maths and D in history) I seriously messed up my EMPA and CHEM1 paper somehow and I'll be resitting them both next year along with C1 Maths (I really don't know how I f*cked up these papers as they're supposed to be the easiest but whatever)

The universities I was thinking about applying to were; University of Birmingham, Aston, Cardiff Uni, Keele Uni and University of Nottingham. Are there any of these of which I should steer away from as I will probably have no chance of an interview let alone an offer? I'm most hesitant about Nottingham :/

I'm positive that I can pull up my grades, I just want to know if the Universities will think I can too. Thanks!

i got bcd, but im worried im going to get predicted bbc or abc. How did you manage to get your predicted grades to abb?
Reply 3
Original post by law123abc
i got bcd, but im worried im going to get predicted bbc or abc. How did you manage to get your predicted grades to abb?

I spoke to my Chemistry teacher and he knows that I've been getting A/B grades all year but probably had a bad day when I sat the exam. He knows I can do better so he said he'll predict me a B. Bio and Maths predicted grades were one grade up from my AS grades :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by greenmath

Hi, I've got similar grades as You. I got A,C,D. The D i got was in chemistry. Im predicted A*BB. Dont worry i was really worried like you. everyone told me i can apply. I just have to boost my grades up at the end of A2. Thats what matters. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by S_J1003
Hi, I've got similar grades as You. I got A,C,D. The D i got was in chemistry. Im predicted A*BB. Dont worry i was really worried like you. everyone told me i can apply. I just have to boost my grades up at the end of A2. Thats what matters. Good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too! Which unis are you thinking about applying to?
Reply 6
I'm thinking of applying to medway, hertfordshire, kingston, brighton and kings. Im sure universities will give offers because it depends on your personal statement, which they look at the most as well as your reference.

so hopefully we should be fine! I really hope all goes well next year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending