The Student Room Group

AS Results

Hey,
I just received my AS results and they were definitely disappointing. I achieved DCCC with my expected grades being AAAA, of course this has made me very concerned about my future as I was hoping to study architecture at Sheffield on the autumn of next year. So is it possible to get some advice or reassurance? As I am really not sure what to do next, thanks.
Hey, I think loads of people worked hard this year, was predicted AAAA but ended up with less grades. So don't feel alone in this. There are a few things you can do, you may have decided on some of these already:
1) retake modules that lowered your grade to a C
2) retake the year (only if sheffield allow retakers to apply)
3) remark modules that were close to a B
4) drop the D, work really hard on those C subjects (so you get A*s in A2) And and an A/B overall

Your grades aren't completely bad. I wouldn't advise doing anything drastic like moving colleges and retaking the year. You can request to buy your papers back so you can see where u went wrong :smile: don't panic, be proud of yourself because a levels are frickennn hard!

What grade offer do you need to study architecture at Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mitch8
Hey,
I just received my AS results and they were definitely disappointing. I achieved DCCC with my expected grades being AAAA, of course this has made me very concerned about my future as I was hoping to study architecture at Sheffield on the autumn of next year. So is it possible to get some advice or reassurance? As I am really not sure what to do next, thanks.

Sheffield does allow retakes, as long as it's only AS you've repeated and you do the three A-Levels within two years :smile:
Reply 3
They ask for AAA at A2 which is why I was concerned. However it does mention that grade boundaries can be lowered depending on how good your portfolio is but that's not really a solid fall back.

Quick Reply

Latest