Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have requested for a separate maths subforum to be setup within this one....theres so many people doing maths that for those of us who don't do it, it makes it a little difficult sifting through all these p1/p3/integration threads to get to what we want. wouldn't it also be easier for those people looking for specific maths help if they had their own forum?

anyone else think its a good idea? my request is being passed onto d apparantly.

ReputationRep:
    yep!!!!

definetly!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a good idea. However if a sub-forum for maths got opened, people may start complaining about not having one for another subject etc? There's alot of maths questions as the maths exams are this week.

Just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzaWazza)
    Yeah it's a good idea. However if a sub-forum for maths got opened, people may start complaining about not having one for another subject etc? There's alot of maths questions as the maths exams are this week.

Just my opinion
    agreed.....although it is a good idea, the maths questions may die out in about 3 weeks (P2 and M2 still left), so just hold on a little longer all you non-mathmeticians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzaWazza)

Just my opinion
    Perhaps, but there have always been a fair few maths questions flying around this forum. If we had a subforum purely for integration questions, it would still get quite a lot of use. Besides, maths (and some other science) questions are easiest to answer online. Help with history homework would probably mean writing essays, and no one's going to do all that work for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i have requested for a separate maths subforum to be setup within this one....theres so many people doing maths that for those of us who don't do it, it makes it a little difficult sifting through all these p1/p3/integration threads to get to what we want. wouldn't it also be easier for those people looking for specific maths help if they had their own forum?

anyone else think its a good idea? my request is being passed onto d apparantly.
    definetely, great idea

ReputationRep:
    Thats an excellent idea. It would organsie this part of the site very well. And also I think it would be better if there was a sub-forum within that sub-forum, for GCSE/A/s Alvel etc.

ReputationRep:
    Any more subforums and UKL will be so complex that people will get lost and hungry and resort to cannibalism. Okay not really, but I think if you get too specific with subforums, people only go in them to post problems and not help with problems and so it might end up stagnant. Perhaps anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamal1425)
    Thats an excellent idea. It would organsie this part of the site very well. And also I think it would be better if there was a sub-forum within that sub-forum, for GCSE/A/s Alvel etc.
    Bad idea, many of the GCSE students who get help get it from us A level students. If you gave them a GCSE subforum hardly any A level mathmaticians would visit it.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Bad idea, many of the GCSE students who get help get it from us A level students. If you gave them a GCSE subforum hardly any A level mathmaticians would visit it.

MB
    True. Good point. I don't have a counter! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.