The Student Room Group

Didn't get en-suite accommodation offer, anything I can do?

Hi,

So I found out earlier today that I'll be going to Goldney Hall, Bristol but with only a basin, no en suite.
I really wanted my own bathroom, and I think if I'd put Richmond terrace as my first choice instead of Goldney I would have got one (only v. Few of goldneys rooms has en suite whereas all of Richmond terrace does)

Is there anything so can do? Eg. Email them and beg them to change it?? :P or am I just being spoilt, lol
And is having an en suite really a big deal??
Thanks and sorry if I sound really picky, I'm not usually it's just I have no idea what its going to be like >.<
Reply 1
Original post by Soffie
Hi,

So I found out earlier today that I'll be going to Goldney Hall, Bristol but with only a basin, no en suite.
I really wanted my own bathroom, and I think if I'd put Richmond terrace as my first choice instead of Goldney I would have got one (only v. Few of goldneys rooms has en suite whereas all of Richmond terrace does)

Is there anything so can do? Eg. Email them and beg them to change it?? :P or am I just being spoilt, lol
Thanks and sorry if I sound really picky, I'm not usually it's just I have no idea what its going to be like >.<

sharing a bathroom really isn't a big deal. i wont lie, i dreaded it too, but honestly there is nothing to worry about. personally i'd say save your money and skip the ensuite. (if you make friends you'll end up sharing a bathroom with them in 2nd year anyway.)
Original post by Soffie
Hi,

An ensuite isn't the be all and end all. Communal facilities tend to stop people staying in their rooms 24/7, and stop you feeling like an isolated unit all by yourself.

A basin is all you need in your room for makeup/skincare, so you can still keep your cosmetics out.
Reply 3
Thanks all for the replies, yes I realise now that it's not a big deal. I think my accommodation is very high standard compared to many, so I really can't complain :P xox
Reply 4
Original post by Soffie
Hi,

Shared facilities aint that bad u know, I had an en suite in first year and in retrospect, the benefits weren't worth the extra cost.. the bathroom is usually small and has no windows in an en-suite so it just feels etchy in there.

Also: when you have shared bathrooms it makes for kick-ass flat parties cuz u have more open, communal space and when someone needs to tinkle (which is often) they can just waltz into a big restroom as opposed to going through your rooms to get to a toilet...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending