The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Semi-catered accommodation

Hey, I've been offered semi-catered accommodation at Needler Hall and just wanted to know what it's like here and how semi-catered works.Do I bring pots/pans/plates etc for breakfast/lunch meals? If so, do we get our own cupboard/fridge space for food and utensils or is it all shared between everyone? There isn't much about it on the site and I don't really know what to bring. Also what's Needler Hall like as a whole? I'm unsure whether to accept the accommodation or move into student housing tbh
Sorry for the bombardment of questions but thanks for any replies :smile:
Original post by k1ng_camel
Hey, I've been offered semi-catered accommodation at Needler Hall and just wanted to know what it's like here and how semi-catered works.Do I bring pots/pans/plates etc for breakfast/lunch meals? If so, do we get our own cupboard/fridge space for food and utensils or is it all shared between everyone? There isn't much about it on the site and I don't really know what to bring. Also what's Needler Hall like as a whole? I'm unsure whether to accept the accommodation or move into student housing tbh
Sorry for the bombardment of questions but thanks for any replies :smile:

Hey, I couldn't tell you about Needler Hall as a whole as I didn't stay there but I can explain the semi-catered arrangement.

Yes, you need to bring your own plates/bowls/cutlery for breakfast and lunch, how much cooking equipment you'll need obviously depends on how much actual cooking you plan on doing considering you get your evening meals provided. You'll share a kitchen with a group of people so you'll be sharing a fridge/freezer so you might claim a shelf in each of them to use. You should also have a cooker and microwave (and probably kettle/toaster) in the kitchen for everyone to share. There are also cupboards so you'll probably claim a cupboard or two depending how many are available in your kitchen. Like I said I didn't stay in Needler so don't know how big their kitchens are.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest