Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

P3 and MORE P3..when does it end?!?!?!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone...
    i've done so much revision on P3 but i still cant manage to do most of the questions...im gona cryyyyyyyy... any1 else find it difficult????!!!!! cant wait till its over...just hope its a very nice paper

ReputationRep:
    it ends on wednesday, unless you fail.

MB

ReputationRep:
    urm wow p3... i;ve been sooo stressed with chem and bio
    i havent even thought about math... mayb i;ll do a bit tonite....

just dont lose hope
    honestly, wen i was doing p2 the whole december holiday.. i did like an hr each day for the 2 weeks
    i stasrted with u after u after u for each question
    and the nite before.. i actualy managed to get nearly full marks in a question
    so it really is tonnes of practise

ReputationRep:
    Dust is totally right. The key to P3 is PRACTICE. Lots and lots of it.

I guarantee you will do well if you just go through all the past edexcel P3 papers - in exam conditions if possible. Then if there any areas you don't get, go to the textbook and do the exercises. This is what I've done in the way of revision and I have to say, P3 used to scare the hell out of me. But now, without sounding cocky, it's becoming more manageable.

I can remember for my christmas mock last year getting, i think it was 26% (total crap I know), then virtually a whole christmas of revising (whilst being very ill!) - i managed to get 66/100. Not brilliant I know, but now 6 months later and lots and lots of questions later, I'm kinda feeling ready. It's now or never really. Think of it this way, P3 is the hardest maths module (excluding further maths), so do well in that, and you have a better chance of getting a good grade overall. So just keep on practicing - it WILL become easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foowise)
    Dust is totally right. The key to P3 is PRACTICE. Lots and lots of it.

I guarantee you will do well if you just go through all the past edexcel P3 papers - in exam conditions if possible. Then if there any areas you don't get, go to the textbook and do the exercises. This is what I've done in the way of revision and I have to say, P3 used to scare the hell out of me. But now, without sounding cocky, it's becoming more manageable.

I can remember for my christmas mock last year getting, i think it was 26% (total crap I know), then virtually a whole christmas of revising (whilst being very ill!) - i managed to get 66/100. Not brilliant I know, but now 6 months later and lots and lots of questions later, I'm kinda feeling ready. It's now or never really. Think of it this way, P3 is the hardest maths module (excluding further maths), so do well in that, and you have a better chance of getting a good grade overall. So just keep on practicing - it WILL become easier.
    thanx so much.. im so nervous i feel like i dont know anything ...

ReputationRep:
    hi guys im the situation as Tanaz! iv also got P2 to revise though as well and i avent done anything 4 it yet coz iv been too busy with P3! iv got 11 exams to do this year of which 5 are this week! . i still cant do any P3!

ReputationRep:
    Same! Im not too good at P3...ususally things in maths start coming together just before the exam but not so much this time! Im doing better in practise questions, but there just seems to be so many diff ways of doing each question and i end up going round in circles! Its also really bad cos i get well stressed about P3 when i dont actually need maths (im doing 4)...i get so caught up in maths practice that i dont do anything else, when i do need to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphira)
    Same! Im not too good at P3...ususally things in maths start coming together just before the exam but not so much this time! Im doing better in practise questions, but there just seems to be so many diff ways of doing each question and i end up going round in circles! Its also really bad cos i get well stressed about P3 when i dont actually need maths (im doing 4)...i get so caught up in maths practice that i dont do anything else, when i do need to...
    Exactly the same as me. I just cannot do P3 at all. Got a D on my last mock (53% though, over half!), but I don't actually need it due to the fact I'm doing 4 subjects. Kind of makes it hard to get the motivation to revise. I just hope I do okay on the other modules so I can scrape through without getting an embarassing grade, though it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    urm wow p3... i;ve been sooo stressed with chem and bio
    i havent even thought about math... mayb i;ll do a bit tonite....

just dont lose hope
    honestly, wen i was doing p2 the whole december holiday.. i did like an hr each day for the 2 weeks
    i stasrted with u after u after u for each question
    and the nite before.. i actualy managed to get nearly full marks in a question
    so it really is tonnes of practise
    i go back on wat i said... i spent 6 hrs today doing p3 and i can safely say.. i;m doomed!

ReputationRep:
    grrr i did pretty well in p2 (83/100) but i just cant get to grips with P3!!! What to do?! ive done all the past papers twice and still aint gettin more than 40/60 grrrrr last min revision aint gona help me thinks

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.