The Student Room Group

My GCSE results

http://imgur.com/g4EfJoR

I know some of you may think this is good. But i am really sad about biology i felt like i really did good in that exam and seeing me miss A* by 2 marks is hurting me immensely. I'm kissing my dreams of oxford physics in uni good bye.
Please don't call me a show off. I just really need some opinions.

Scroll to see replies

Remark it?
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Remark it?

how long does that take usually?
Reply 3
I think oxford will be looking more at your AS results, predictions and ucas application rather your gcses so don't worry
they are good marks, like others said, focus on A levels
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eiji97
I think oxford will be looking more at your AS results, predictions and ucas application rather your gcses so don't worry

i'm taking part of the alevel reform thing so i dont have my As results. this is why im worried
Reply 6
Even so, what you want to do is physics and not biology and you got A* in physics right? Not to mention you got A* in maths and chemistry as well...
Original post by Eiji97
Even so, what you want to do is physics and not biology and you got A* in physics right? Not to mention you got A* in maths and chemistry as well...

the unis are going to check hwo many a stars i have in general im guessing not just the subjects related to my course
Original post by NatoHeadshot
the unis are going to check hwo many a stars i have in general im guessing not just the subjects related to my course

Considering I got an E in GCSE History and now I'm off to do it at University, they don't care about GCSE results at all. AS and A Levels is all they want.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Considering I got an E in GCSE History and now I'm off to do it at University, they don't care about GCSE results at all. AS and A Levels is all they want.

the thing is i dont have AS results im doing directly alevels so GCSES will play a major role in them giivng me an offer
Hi guys just got my GCSEs back and i would like to say well done to every one. I got 8cs 2bs 2ds I really would love to get into my a level school they needed a pass in English and maths which luckily I got but they needed a b in the subject I want to take,
History I got a c
Sociology not done
Citizenship c
Philosophy not done
From all you experiences do you think I could get in
i'm taking part of the alevel reform thing so i dont have my As results. this is why im worried

You go to a private school?
They're fine don't worry about them. My mates currently off to Oxford to study physics and he only got 2 A*s at GCSE. Like everyone else said, A Level grades and showing a genuine interest in the subject are what matter.
Reply 13
With 5 A*s and 3 As with the A* being in what you want to do, not to mention maths as well. I'm sure you will be fine
Original post by ckfeister
You go to a private school?

yes
yes

Oh... well comparing to state schools that would be good but I don't know about private schools as you get ton of more support... when you apply for university they will compare you with private school students not state schools so you may have a little trouble as most private school students have like 11A*s or even 15.

I know some of you may think this is good. But i am really sad about biology i felt like i really did good in that exam and seeing me miss A* by 2 marks is hurting me immensely. I'm kissing my dreams of oxford physics in uni good bye.

wow it's a high A so get it remarked its a science paper so marks won't go down so much if you do. Or you can leave it because unis put more emphasis on A level grades than GCSES. As long as you passed
Nato, Oxford do look at GCSEs but not hugely, they mainly want to see consistency. The two key points to take are that you should probably get Biology remarked as you are close to the A* UMS. And as long as you do well in your in school AS exams and show consistency, you should still get a place.

Stop being a stupid emo, you'll be able to get into Oxford with those grades

What kind of opinions do you need? None of us can really give you a good opinion? Only you know how much you worked and how you did in the exams. What do you want us to say? Awww unlucky?

Quick Reply

Latest