What did everyone doing maths, biology and chemistry get?

Watch
Dr.Ethan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, I may have missed the forum as I was away for results day but what did everyone studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry get?
I was really happy with my results and I can now do dentistry- which I have always wanted to do!
aaminahm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you have any preparation advice for someone who is going into a levels and is planning to do maths biology and chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OrionMusicNet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dr.Ethan)
Hi guys, I may have missed the forum as I was away for results day but what did everyone studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry get?
I was really happy with my results and I can now do dentistry- which I have always wanted to do!
First of all, congrats on getting the necessary results to do dentistry! Moving on though I got an A for maths and chemistry. I actually got B's in 2/3 of the chemistry tests but unit 2 went really well + the B's were quite high. Anyway I am just happy I can move on with my life now and drop chemistry. Had enough of it now.
OrionMusicNet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aaminahm)
Do you have any preparation advice for someone who is going into a levels and is planning to do maths biology and chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Maths use:
http://www.examsolutions.net/ (For revision videos and watching past papers)
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/ (For solomon papers +bronze/silver/gold papers + lots of exam papers (IAL, R and the normal ones) + Some revision notes on there too

Chemistry:
http://chemrevise.org/ (Best revision notes ever. The reason I managed to get an A)
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrERintoul (Great revision videos to watch casually throughout the year + Some videos of him completing past papers)

Apart from just doing a lot of past papers, if you use those resources you will be more than fine.
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing all three, I got an A in Chemistry (OCR A), and high B's in maths (Edexcel) and biology (AQA) I'm aiming for A's overall. These are AS results, by the way.
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
Well done guys! I got an A in Maths and an A Biology and then somehow whipped out an A* in Chemistry- my Mum had to tell me down the phone as I was away and she just started crying because all of my hard work paid off :P
As for exam boards we did:
Chemistry (OCR A)
Mathematics (Edexcel)
Biology (AQA)
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology- A* (Edexcel)
Chemistry- A (OCR A)
Maths- A (AQA)
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
(Original post by pineneedles)
I'm doing all three, I got an A in Chemistry (OCR A), and high B's in maths (Edexcel) and biology (AQA) I'm aiming for A's overall. These are AS results, by the way.
You can do it! Last year I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and B in Maths and German- I got a D in the M1 exam so I did a resit and got 97% this time and an A overall in Maths - I have no idea what i was doing wrong last year! Needless to say i dropped German.

Good luck in the future- I really would advise you paying the extra money for resits in the maths but maybe not the biology as it gets a lot tougher in year 2 and you would have to remember quite a bit more. If you need to resit anything in biology, resit unit 2 as a lot of unit 2 is found in units 4 and 5 so it will be easier to get a higher mark in unit 2.
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
(Original post by izpenguin)
Biology- A* (Edexcel)
Chemistry- A (OCR A)
Maths- A (AQA)
Good job- medicine at university?
persononinternet
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got AAA in maths, further maths (edexcel) and biology(aqa) got aab last year

Oh forgot to mention i did chemistry for AS but got a c so i dropped it
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
(Original post by aaminahm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say that you need to prepare yourself for a lot of work- especially as the new A-levels require you to sit all exams at the end of two years.
My friends used to get annoyed because I would study in the library a lot however, I realised early-on that I was not a natural memory sink and so I needed to go over stuff twice or sometimes more if I did not understand it.

You have to think about what grades you need and then dedicate yourself to putting in the work. As a result my friends did not do as well as they wanted and so they can not do the courses they wanted to do. If you get the three A/A* grades in Maths, Biology and Chemistry, you are empowered so much more than if you drop a couple of grades. Just remember it is your life that is at stake.
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
I got AAA in maths, further maths (edexcel) and biology(aqa) got aab last year
good job further maths though -_- i quiver at the thought
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can do it! Last year I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and B in Maths and German- I got a D in the M1 exam so I did a resit and got 97% this time and an A overall in Maths - I have no idea what i was doing wrong last year! Needless to say i dropped German.

Good luck in the future- I really would advise you paying the extra money for resits in the maths but maybe not the biology as it gets a lot tougher in year 2 and you would have to remember quite a bit more. If you need to resit anything in biology, resit unit 2 as a lot of unit 2 is found in units 4 and 5 so it will be easier to get a higher mark in unit 2.
Thank you Funnily enough, that's what I'm planning to do - I just need to resit M1 because that's the exam I did worse in. As for biology, I was 3 UMS off an A and my worst 'exam' was the EMPA, so I'm not sure what I could do about that. It'd probably be easier for biology to work harder next year.
Obliviate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was doing all there and I got:
- A* Biology (AQA)
- A* Chemistry (AQA)
- A Maths (AQA)

Btw, congratulations on getting into university to study dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good job- medicine at university?
No, biological sciences.
Good luck with dentistry.
depay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know whether someone can keep their practical grade if they got a U grade overall:
Unit 1 & 2 U
Practical grade B 46/60
Dr.Ethan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obliviate)
I was doing all there and I got:
- A* Biology (AQA)
- A* Chemistry (AQA)
- A Maths (AQA)

Btw, congratulations on getting into university to study dentistry
Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't got in yet- I am going to Germany for two years on a mission for my church first and then I am thinking of studying in Frankfurt as university there is €700 a year! And I will be pretty fluent in German by then!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (122)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (85)
19.72%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.28%
No - I live at home during term anyway (127)
29.47%

Watched Threads