Khaterynna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi There,

I would like to know if there is any mature student going to Staffordshire university to study the BA Social Welfare Law, Policy and Advice practice this year?

Thanks a lot for your response!
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Khaterynna)
Hi There,

I would like to know if there is any mature student going to Staffordshire university to study the BA Social Welfare Law, Policy and Advice practice this year?

Thanks a lot for your response!
Hey there,

It's great to hear you're coming to Staffs - I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got any questions about anything let me know

I've not seen any other mature students on TSR for this particular course, but around half of our students are mature students so you won't be alone I know that Madonnagrey is going to be studying LLB law as a mature student so I'll @ mention her in here as I'm sure it'll be good to chat to each other

If you've got anything else you'd like to know about the university do let me know,

Katie
George86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not going on that course but am going as a mature student doing my Masters. Good to know there are some mature students at Staffs
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by George86)
I'm not going on that course but am going as a mature student doing my Masters. Good to know there are some mature students at Staffs
Around half of our students are ...! You definitely won't be alone What are you studying for your masters?
Emmajp
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am doing this course and im also a mature student, 38 to be exact see you there
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emmajp)
I am doing this course and im also a mature student, 38 to be exact see you there
That's great to hear I'll just @ mention the others so they get a notification and hopefully see this

How are you feeling about going back to uni?

Khaterynna George86
Emmajp
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
That's great to hear I'll just @ mention the others so they get a notification and hopefully see this

Khaterynna George86
Very nervous and excited
Khaterynna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there!!

Hi Emmajp that is really good news that you will be studying this course! it is brave for you to go back to uni as well as a mature student, I am also an Eu student and English is my second language!! So another challenge as well for me!! :-) Hope to see you there for the welcoming week!!
simonsmitch
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi, im starting a foundation in law and i am 35, 36 next month
Noodles1177
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are there any mature students studying social work at Staffordshire University in 2015?
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thought everyone here might be interested in reading this advice for mature students who are starting university in September!
George86
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)

Khaterynna George86
I'm studying computer networks and security. I'm 28 nearly 29 and have taken a sabbatical from work to do the course. Def up for meeting up with other mature students.

I'm taking myself out of my comfort zone a bit leaving work to go back to uni so that's the the biggest unknown for me. Second will be moving to a new area. I've visited Stafford once so other than the town I don't know where to go on the weekends yet. Hopefully there are fun things to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads