The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Old Mill or Keiller court?

Hi everyone, I am going to study Business management in Dundee university. I am really excited. I wasn't able to book on campus accommodation, as everything was full. :s-smilie: (anyone else in the same situation?) So basically I have to look for private accommodation. I've found some vacant rooms in Old Mill and Keiller court, so wanted to ask for reviews? Thank you in advance. :wink:
Reply 1
Just curious if you live locally or not to Dundee because I'm kind of freaking out over the possibility of not getting accommodation sorted soon!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Hi!
Are you staying in any of those private halls (Keiller Court or The Old Miil)? I am looking for some updated reviews and I don't find anything! Could you tell me if they are as bad as the comments in some forums say?

Thank you!
Reply 3
Hi elena,
I think the information on the forums you read is pretty outdated, the Old mill had a massive renovation in 2012 (if I am not mistaken about the year) and now they are being renovated again because they were owned by prime student living but now someone else bought them. I've heard that the prices will go up this year, compared to last. So I think both Old Mill and Keiller are not bad, Keiller is a bit more modern like it has double glazing, its own washing machine/dryer/dish washer etc. Of course it costs more as well. Meanwhile, the Old mill has on site laundry facility and the windows are single glazed, but you have electric heating which is included in the rent so it doesn't feel cold. It honestly just depends on your budget and what you prefer. The accommodations are close to both universities so that's an advantage. Which uni will you be in? :smile:
Hope this helps! If you have more questions feel free to ask me!
Reply 4
Thank you very much for the information!
I will be studying in the University of Dundee as an Erasmus student for a year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest