The Student Room Group

HELP!

I just got my Gcse results this morning and although i got c or above in all 11 gcses i did not meet the minimum entry requirements for my school sixth form. Me being stupid, i was too late to apply for other sixth forms and if i choose to do an apprenticeship will i still be able to go to uni?
what about sixth form college?
I know people who showed up late august and still ended up with a place.
Original post by hash_jam
I just got my Gcse results this morning and although i got c or above in all 11 gcses i did not meet the minimum entry requirements for my school sixth form. Me being stupid, i was too late to apply for other sixth forms and if i choose to do an apprenticeship will i still be able to go to uni?

Hi hash_jam

It's unlikely that you'd be unable to go to university as such, as apprenticeships and school leaver programmes are, in many way, alternative paths to university.

However, saying that, one of the big advantages of doing an apprenticeship is that they combine practical work experience with academic learning, so you get professional experience and knowledge, as well as the chance to earn certified and recognised qualifications.

Some schemes, like sponsored degree programmes, do also give you the chance to attend university on a part-time basis. Hope that helps some :smile:

RMA Nick

Quick Reply

Latest