The Student Room Group

I'm really disappointed

So, i'll post my grades and then talk why I'm disappointed.
English Lit and Lang - B
Maths - B
Biology - A
Chem - B
Physics - B
History - C
Health and Social Care BTEC - M2
I am so disappointed, I worked so hard for an A in maths but the paper was too hard. I thought I would get an A in English Lang, I got A's in the coursework things I had to do so I presume I got a C in the exam. I'm not surprised by Physics and Chem, they were hard exams! I'm happy about History, considering I did it in 6 months.
I just feel disappointed, I see other people on here getting A*'s but I had so much time off due to mental health issues and I was removed from 2 GCSE's and my timetable shortened because I couldn't deal with the stress of anxiety. I just want a hug so bad right now :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by xxVENUSx
English Lit and Lang - B
Maths - B
Biology - A
Chem - B
Physics - B
History - C
I am so disappointed, I worked so hard for an A in maths but the paper was too hard. I thought I would get an A in English Lang, I got A's in the coursework things I had to do so I presume I got a C in the exam. I'm not surprised by Physics and Chem, they were hard exams! I'm happy about History, considering I did it in 6 months.
I just feel disappointed, I see other people on here getting A*'s but I had so much time off due to mental health issues and I was removed from 2 GCSE's and my timetable shortened because I couldn't deal with the stress of anxiety. I just want a hug so bad right now :frown:

As long as you pass and go to Sixth Form that's all that matters.
GCSE's aren't that important.
are you in year 10? just work hard the next year and get the gces you need to get into the college/sixth form u need to go to then smash ur alevels.
Reply 3
Original post by DickDastardly
are you in year 10? just work hard the next year and get the gces you need to get into the college/sixth form u need to go to then smash ur alevels.

Nope, I'm in year 11.
Those are really good grades, don't worry. :smile:
Reply 5
It may not be what you wanted, but those grades are still good considering your circumstances. It shouldn't hold you back too much, as most universities take extenuating circumstances into consideration and you'll still be able to get into sixth form with those grades. Try not to worry about it too much. :smile:
English Lit and Lang - B
Maths - B
Biology - A
Chem - B
Physics - B
History - C

You've got good results, GCSEs anit that important trust me. All you need to do is smash your a levels than your sorted !
Reply 7
English Lit and Lang - B
Maths - B
Biology - A
Chem - B
Physics - B
History - C

You did much better than me... WELL DONE :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by jhubbert
Those are really good grades, don't worry. :smile:

I'm just scared about the implications down the line if I want to go to medical school, they look at GCSE results as well.
Reply 9
Ok, I see that they are good grades. I just keep comparing myself to people who have A's and A*'s
Ok, I see that they are good grades. I just keep comparing myself to people who have A's and A*'s

don't compare and also keep your head up so you excel during a levels, which mean way more. maybe it's bad but I didn't pay much mind to my GCSE's when I was taking. It was more about doing well and passing. But you're fine, enjoy the rest of your summer.

Quick Reply

Latest