The Student Room Group

A* Extended Project help (EPQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vikingninja
I said that to reduce my word count that I would need to remove 1 of my 3 sections but I said that this could potentially bias my conclusion and I gave the example of one section and how my conclusion would have shifted if I didn't include it. My title wasn't broad (this is the main reason for you being marked down with high word counts) but just required a lot of information.

Ok that's quite useful because I want to include more and my conclusion is quite abrupt because I was aware of the word count. I'll speak to my supervisor about this and hopefully I won't have to change it.
Reply 81
Original post by preetg97
Hey guys, hope all is well. I always find myself answering questions about the EPQ, so feel free to ask me any questions here if you need any help.
I achieved an A* in my Extended Project and would be more than happy to help. :smile:

Hi! How did you prepare for your presentation? Did you use a PowerPoint or flash cards or anything like that? Do you have any tips?
Original post by sue99
Hi! How did you prepare for your presentation? Did you use a PowerPoint or flash cards or anything like that? Do you have any tips?

I created a script for my presentation this and tried to memorise as much as possible really. When I was around creating my presentation I believe my supervisor said that the less use of resources during the presentation to help in explaining it then the better. I brung my script with me in case I panicked and forgot what I was going to say but since I didn't use it they ignored that. Not sure what the reason for was again for the lesser use of material but I believe it was about your understanding of your project and how well you convey it.

As far as I am aware you are meant to use powerpoint, though you should try and keep it minimalistic since you are explaining it not your slides, they are more to help with conveying what you are saying and to also assist you with explaining your research. My powerpoint just involved a background with my sub titles within each section (I talked about sub issues within my 3 core issues) with a image for each, then a basic sentence on my discussion section about how the project went etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Hey guys, hope all is well. I always find myself answering questions about the EPQ, so feel free to ask me any questions here if you need any help.
I achieved an A* in my Extended Project and would be more than happy to help. :smile:

Hi

I need help starting off my literature review on Abortion. Please help. Any exemplars or ideas ...
Reply 84
Hey can someone give me some ideas on EPQ Abortion Literature Review. Any tips or exemplars would be grateful
Hi @preetg97 in my lit review I put advantages and disadvantages etc... I'm currently working on the discussion now. could you give me some sources that may help? it's about midwifery.. complementary therapies and stuff...

Kay don't judge but just counted my sources and i have over 100. did i go too far?
Reply 87
Original post by wholockonmars
Kay don't judge but just counted my sources and i have over 100. did i go too far?

Erm, it's fantastic you found that many for your topic, but I think that 100 is too many...
Original post by wholockonmars

What on Earth is your topic on? I had around 35 and my essay was the largest in my college.
Original post by Vikingninja
What on Earth is your topic on? I had around 35 and my essay was the largest in my college.

It's on robotics. I have only written one essay with references before, so i wasn't sure what to do. I kind of panicked and referenced everything.
Hey guys I just want to say that doing a good essay is important but having a great logbook is more important. In my experience I ended up getting an A in 2015 and my essay was the biggest piece of trash ever imaginable. Honestly, I just felt bad for any teachers/examiners marking it, it was that bad.

MAKE YOUR LOGBOOK GOOD OKAY?
Ok so I've written my essay but my title is really broad ("What makes a successful advertising campaign?") Will I get marked down for that?
Reply 92
Hey I just want to ask what possible essay titles about deforestation that are very controversial that I could research about?
Reply 93
Hi I really need help I don't have enough time until I have to submit my 3500 words report can you please help me
Reply 94
Hi I really need help I don't have enough time until I have to submit my 3500 words report can you please help me

Quick Reply

Latest