AS and A2 Certificates Watch

This discussion is closed.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that since tere are so many different opinions, your best bet would be to contact the exam board, or your school, to be sure to get the right info.,

Phil
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i definately declined all my grades because I had to sign some forms.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Nylex
The way I understood it was, if you carried on a subject for A2, you'd only get an A Level certificate as your AS grade wouldn't have been cashed in.
You're right.

Originally posted by Unregistered
Let's say someone gets a B for their AS and an E overall for their A2. If that person only got one certificate saying they'd achieved an E grade, I'd imagine that they'd be quite annoyed.
They would get an E on their A Level certificate, but of course at that point they can decline the A Level if they want, and claim the AS Level grade B - obviously this would have been a waste of a year.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Expression

They would get an E on their A Level certificate, but of course at that point they can decline the A Level if they want, and claim the AS Level grade B - obviously this would have been a waste of a year.
i dont think you can do that, if you sit the a level - you have to take the a-level result, which is why you chouldnt continue unless your sure you can mainatin your resulst!

love Katy ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ok, I asked a teacher this question shortly before the summer holidays began. She said that both AS and A2 results are published on the same certificate, along with any other A-levels taken in other subjects. So, a standard certificate could look like this:

AQA etc.

General Certificate of Seconary Education

Advanced Subsidary

Biology: C
Drama: D
History: E

Advanced Level

Biology: D
Drama: E

I was told that if someone completes the qualification a year before the A2, they'll then receive the AS on a seperate certificate.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Ok, I asked a teacher this question shortly before the summer holidays began. She said that both AS and A2 results are published on the same certificate, along with any other A-levels taken in other subjects. So, a standard certificate could look like this:

AQA etc.

General Certificate of Seconary Education

Advanced Subsidary

Biology: C
Drama: D
History: E

Advanced Level

Biology: D
Drama: E

I was told that if someone completes the qualification a year before the A2, they'll then receive the AS on a seperate certificate.
balls 2 u m8. i got me HE AS cert a4ter 1 yr even tho im doing a2 so pantz 2 ur thheery!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
balls 2 u m8. i got me HE AS cert a4ter 1 yr even tho im doing a2 so pantz 2 ur thheery!
It's all to do with the session which you accept your final grade in...

It is perfectly feasible to come away with a great number of certificates.

AS and A Level subjects accepted for the same exam board in the same session, will appear on the same certificate.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads