chazlotte132
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I just got my GCSE results (10A*s , 1A and an A in FSMQ) and have chosen to study Biology, Chemistry, History and Religious Studies for A-Level in order to keep my options for degree as open as possible. Would these be acceptable to apply for Law? Thank you
manraj97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
those a levels don't keep your options as open as possible.
If you truly want to keep your options for a degree as open as possible, swap RS for maths.
RS is not required for any degree, but many degrees require maths
chazlotte132
Rep:
?
I realise maths may be required but religious studies is my favourite subject which degrees often require maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't know much about which degrees require maths, but I can tell you that those A levels are absolutely fine for law.
maiisiie_08
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chazlotte132)
I just got my GCSE results (10A*s , 1A and an A in FSMQ) and have chosen to study Biology, Chemistry, History and Religious Studies for A-Level in order to keep my options for degree as open as possible. Would these be acceptable to apply for Law? Thank you
I'm doing Law at Surrey and I did the same A Levels apart from Government and Politics in the place of R.S. I dropped Chemistry at AS.

So yes, they would be fine for Law. I don't think there's really much preference, but a humanities or essay based subject like History would always be helpful.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore the person who said you need maths.You dont have to do maths if you don't want to.Your options are fine.
manraj97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ignore the person who said you need maths.You dont have to do maths if you don't want to.Your options are fine.
you do have to do maths to keep your options as open as possible.

I don't know about for law specifically though.
manraj97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I realise maths may be required but religious studies is my favourite subject which degrees often require maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, Physics and pretty much all engineering
chazlotte132
Rep:
?
Thanks for everyone's help as for maths I'm not intending on any maths/engineering related degree but thank you anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads