Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

car rental for 19 year old? Watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know a car rental company which would rent a car for a 19 year old? all of them seem to have a minimum age of 23. but i heard that u can get a rental but the insurance would cost more? is this true??

ReputationRep:
    The insurance and rental cost is usually sky-high if you're under 25, and if you're renting abroad I believe you have to be over 21.

ReputationRep:
    some places you have to be 21 min

ReputationRep:
    As a blanket rule, you're unlikely to be able to hire a car over here under 21.
    However, temporary insurance is something you might consider, I think norwich union do it, online as well. So you could borrow a friend's/family member's car and get insured for like a week... If that's at all helpful, depends what you need a car for!

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.