Unconditional offer assistance

Watch this thread
Kev1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there,

I applied at Northumbria Uni for a course in which I was first given a conditional offer (I had to meet their requirements like specific ucas points + c in maths and english).

The thing is, I checked on the ucas tracker and it showed that my offer was changed to an unconditional 2 days before the a-level results came in (confused about this) and after the results came in I got a much higher ucas points than their expected however just today my maths and english gcse results came and I still have a D.

My question is do I have to worry anymore now that I have a unconditional offer that was offered 2 days before a-level results came in? because on ucas track is shows that my place has been fully confirmed

Thanks
Connor_C97
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kev1997)
Hi there,

I applied at Northumbria Uni for a course in which I was first given a conditional offer (I had to meet their requirements like specific ucas points + c in maths and english).

The thing is, I checked on the ucas tracker and it showed that my offer was changed to an unconditional 2 days before the a-level results came in (confused about this) and after the results came in I got a much higher ucas points than their expected however just today my maths and english gcse results came and I still have a D.

My question is do I have to worry anymore now that I have a unconditional offer that was offered 2 days before a-level results came in? because on ucas track is shows that my place has been fully confirmed

Thanks
Uni's get your grades roughly a week before results day, this may be why it changed early. If your offer is still showing as unconditional, then, I think you're fine Feel free to contact your university if you're not sure
Kev1997
Rep:
(Original post by Connor_C97)
Uni's get your grades roughly a week before results day, this may be why it changed early. If your offer is still showing as unconditional, then, I think you're fine Feel free to contact your university if you're not sure
Thanks Connor, I'm scared to contact the UNI now just in-case they change the offer lol
Connor_C97
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thanks Connor, I'm scared to contact the UNI now just in-case they change the offer lol
Usually, once it's offered, they can't retract it - it's a legal obligation.

I am fairly sure that they did mean to offer you the place though
Kev1997
Rep:
(Original post by Connor_C97)
Usually, once it's offered, they can't retract it - it's a legal obligation.

I am fairly sure that they did mean to offer you the place though
I love you Connor! (no homo) lol

Thanks so much
Solent University, Southampton Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi Kev,

Yeah exactly like Connor says - they can't take the offer back if they've changed it to unconditional and believe me it won't be a mistake (they are very thorough when it comes to admissions at any university!)

- Kath .
Kev1997
Rep:
(Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador)
Hi Kev,

Yeah exactly like Connor says - they can't take the offer back if they've changed it to unconditional and believe me it won't be a mistake (they are very thorough when it comes to admissions at any university!)

- Kath .
Sweet, thanks Kath!
Connor_C97
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I love you Connor! (no homo) lol

Thanks so much
I'm happy to help!

(No need for the "no homo" btw )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads