The Student Room Group

A* adding help

I'm a little confused on how A* works for Edexcel Maths. I know for normal maths its 80% overall with 90% in C3 and C4, but for Further Maths is it 90% for the top three A2 modules only? Does this mean you can get a U in AS further math but if you get 90% on M2 ,FP2 and FP3 for example you would get an A*? Or do you need to have 80% average of all six modules in addition to 90% in the top three A2 modules?
Original post by JustDynamite
I'm a little confused on how A* works for Edexcel Maths. I know for normal maths its 80% overall with 90% in C3 and C4, but for Further Maths is it 90% for the top three A2 modules only? Does this mean you can get a U in AS further math but if you get 90% on M2 ,FP2 and FP3 for example you would get an A*? Or do you need to have 80% average of all six modules in addition to 90% in the top three A2 modules?

You definitely still need to get an 80% average, that's the general rule for all subjects.
Original post by JustDynamite

For Further Maths A* you need an 80% average across all 6 modules AND a 90% average across your three highest scoring A2 modules.
Thanks guys! Appreciate it :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest