The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough to apply for Oxbridge?

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys i moved to london last year and i only could attend college in london , no schools around me had vacancies so i had no choice. They only offered me 5 GCSe's i got A* maths ,double science AA( controlled assessments lowered my grades tbh i still don't know why they are that important got low B in both) and french B and english B . So does that mean i cant even dream about oxbridge ?? 😂😂😂
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Turtlebunny
Was looking more at Cambridge actually, since they offer NatSci which is broader and more varied, since idk what sort of science I want to do in the future.

GCSEs don't matter a lot at Cambridge and oxford, I believe they're used to differentiate between the students that have similar grades. You need 3 A*s in A levels to be considered as an applicant for natsci as that is their requirements.
What are my chances for Oxbridge? 10 A*s, 5 As, 1B. (I know that my A* proportion is kinda low for Oxford... :s-smilie:)
I thinks so, how about mine:
A* - Maths
A* - Biology
A* - History
A* - Eng lan
A* - Eng lit
A* - RS (short course)
A/A* Chemistry (getting remarked)
A - Physics
A - Chinese
B - French
B - Drama
B - Geography
People, you NEED to tell us what subject you are hoping to reply for, otherwise there's no way anyone on here can possibly advise you :tongue:
Original post by vis break
They won't be getting AS exams. My year group was the last I think

You still do end of year 12 mocks and get predicted grades from your teachers, which is a big factor in uni application
Hi:smile:
Wondering if mine would be average or below or even good enough Oxford
I had 6A* and 6A and Welsh bac on top
I took for options fairly traditional subjects

A*s; chemistry,maths,physics,history,english lit,economics
As; biology,geography,welsh,welsh lit,english,french

I'm thinking of going for history
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jackmolineux
Hi:smile:
Wondering if mine would be average or below or even good enough Oxford
I had 6A* and 6A and Welsh bac on top
I took for optione fairly traditional subjects

A*s; chemistry,maths,physics,history,english lit,economics
As; biology,geography,welsh,welsh lit,english,french

I'm thinking of going for history

Sounds promising! :yep:
I'd like to do medicine at Cambridge and I got
English Litersture A*
English Language A*
Religion A*
History A*
Chemistry A*
Biology A
Physics A
Maths A
German A
Fine Art A
I got a C in further maths level 2 certificate too

Still hoping these grades will get me into Cambridge to do medicine?
I'd like to study either HSPS or English at Cambridge, but I didn't get majority A*s. My school has the 2nd or 3rd worst results in our borough and a lot of departments are enquiring about our results. I'm getting English Lit and maybe French remarked, so my grades might be higher
Geography: A*
History: A
Drama: A
Music: A
English Lit: A (1 mark off an A* so I'm getting it remarked, fingers crossed)
IGCSE English Lang: A (our school is appealing as pretty much everyone as everyone was moved down an entire grade)
Additional Science: A
French: B (somehow my coursework went from an A/B to a D, so I'm enquiring about that, seems a bit weird seeing as I got As and A*s in the other units)
Core Science: B
Maths: B
Functional Skills: Pass

Quick Reply

Latest