What Can You do with Applied Science Need Help Asap Watch

Kobbe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What Can You do with Applied Science Need Help Asap as collages are only offering me applied science and what would i be able to do at uni and what uni will accept me
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kobbe)
What Can You do with Applied Science Need Help Asap as collages are only offering me applied science and what would i be able to do at uni and what uni will accept me
Most universities that accept BTEC qualifications will accept the BTEC in Applied Science. The most suited university course for Applied Science, in my opinion, is Operating Department Practice (ODP) due to the broad range of topics covered.

What you will do in the Applied Science course is indicated by its name; there is a range of units which can range from you learning how to do scientific practicals such as chemical titrations to looking at identifying space objects, etc. For this reason, the qualification can be good for applying to science or other practical courses at university. It usually doesn't count as a full 'science subject' though and as such isn't likely to be able to replace one of them if they are a entry requirement for the university course (I.e. some university courses may ask for a certain grade in science subjects; Applied Science might not count as one of these due to not being specific enough to a certain subject).

Just to conclude: it's a nice qualification which can be used in application to most university courses, but you may need other science subjects if you plan on applying for a science degree.
Sandra1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not necessarily you can still apply to nursing,dental nursing,midwifery ,biochemistry,biology,chemistry, physics,radiography,biomedical science,pharmacy and other science base courses do accept btec applied science by its self.
But the entry requirements maybe higher for certain courses and lower for others depends on the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sandra1)
Not necessarily you can still apply to nursing,dental nursing,midwifery ,biochemistry,biology,chemistry, physics,radiography,biomedical science,pharmacy and other science base courses do accept btec applied science by its self.
But the entry requirements maybe higher for certain courses and lower for others depends on the uni.
I did say that another science qualification *may be needed, so there could always be the occasion where it may not. I've not seen that many places allow the Applied Science as a primary science subject for courses such as Biology (I.e. the core sciences) though, but the ones that do allow them usually request an Extended Diploma which may require certain units from what I've seen. <This isn't to say that entry requirements will not vary.

The course is more suited as a second science, I feel.
Sandra1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Davalla)
I did say that another science qualification *may be needed, so there could always be the occasion where it may not. I've not seen that many places allow the Applied Science as a primary science subject for courses such as Biology (I.e. the core sciences) though, but the ones that do allow them usually request an Extended Diploma which may require certain units from what I've seen. <This isn't to say that entry requirements will not vary.

The course is more suited as a second science, I feel.
I completely agree with you.I did a btec in science and when i was applying to uni i saw alot of unis who did accept just my btec qualification...however there were a couple who wanted an a level science with my btec.
Lucky enough i got a place at uni with just my btec 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deeboss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I completely agree with you.I did a btec in science and when i was applying to uni i saw alot of unis who did accept just my btec qualification...however there were a couple who wanted an a level science with my btec.
Lucky enough i got a place at uni with just my btec 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
What univeristy may i ask?
Sandra1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Deeboss)
What univeristy may i ask?
De Montfort University
Deeboss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
De Montfort University
nice
Malzzzx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyyy Can you be a radiographer with a science btec
Jj1EM
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Malzzzx)
Heyyy Can you be a radiographer with a science btec
Yes absolutely and I even think with health and social care btec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads