Helpp! Mark Equiv&Remarks?

Watch this thread
moniq1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Heya!

So today at 9AM i opened my results and i cant say that im happy at all. Firstly, i am a bit confused, what is Mark Equivalent that is on my paper? I looked at the UMS scores and the raw marks and none of them match the numbers on the Mark equiv column.

If anyone was wondering these are my grades:
Edexcel: Mathematics A (Linear) Option H: B
Edexcel: Health and social care: B
Edexcel: ICT: B
AQA: Religious studies B: B
WJEC: English Language Cash in (Linear): C
WJEC: English Literature Cash in (Linear): C
AQA: Science A (Route 1): C
AQA: Additional Science (Route 1): B
AQA: French: D
AQA: History B: C

Very embarrassing i know.. however, i am very confused about one thing. In Biology unit 1 and unit 2 in the mark equivalent column it both has 69 on it which is a C. Now im under the impression that 70 is a B but im not that sure about it because in Chemistry unit 1 i got 71 which was a B.
Now is it worth having my bio exams remarked? I got both 69 in my Core and Additional which seems a shame.. Also, i got 58 in my chemistry additional which is a D and i think 60 is a C which im so not impressed about. Also, i got 67 in my physics core and i think 70 is a B. Im literally on the edge on all my subjects which is such a bummer. Help, please?

However, i really dont understand what mark equivalent is so can someone explain that to me and how to get my ums score or raw mark?
usycool1
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by moniq1)
Heya!

So today at 9AM i opened my results and i cant say that im happy at all. Firstly, i am a bit confused, what is Mark Equivalent that is on my paper? I looked at the UMS scores and the raw marks and none of them match the numbers on the Mark equiv column.

If anyone was wondering these are my grades:
Edexcel: Mathematics A (Linear) Option H: B
Edexcel: Health and social care: B
Edexcel: ICT: B
AQA: Religious studies B: B
WJEC: English Language Cash in (Linear): C
WJEC: English Literature Cash in (Linear): C
AQA: Science A (Route 1): C
AQA: Additional Science (Route 1): B
AQA: French: D
AQA: History B: C

However, i really dont understand what mark equivalent is so can someone explain that to me and how to get my ums score or raw mark?
Mark equivalent is your UMS mark. To get an idea of what your raw marks were, you can use AQA's UMS converter (enter 0 into the raw mark thing and you can work backwards), download Edexcel's UMS converter and have a look at WJEC's website.

Very embarrassing i know.. however, i am very confused about one thing. In Biology unit 1 and unit 2 in the mark equivalent column it both has 69 on it which is a C. Now im under the impression that 70 is a B but im not that sure about it because in Chemistry unit 1 i got 71 which was a B.
Now is it worth having my bio exams remarked? I got both 69 in my Core and Additional which seems a shame.. Also, i got 58 in my chemistry additional which is a D and i think 60 is a C which im so not impressed about. Also, i got 67 in my physics core and i think 70 is a B. Im literally on the edge on all my subjects which is such a bummer. Help, please?
You're completely right here. In general, it is unlikely for marks in the sciences to change but not impossible. Just bear in mind that your mark can go down as well as up (but it's unlikely it'll go so down to the extent that your grade drops) and that if your grade doesn't change, you won't get your money refunded.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (5)
38.46%
They're exactly what I expected (4)
30.77%