When to start revising ?

Watch
Casey_Haigh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am starting year 11 in September and I am wondering when I should start revising. The subjects I study are:
Maths
English language & literature
Double science
Spainsh
Pe
Catering
ICT
I want to do the best I can and needs some revision tips.
Thanks.

sophicoco
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Revise throughout the year and concentrate it every day from 2/3 months before exams.
Dont do what I did and revise the night before lmao
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Casey_Haigh)
I am starting year 11 in September and I am wondering when I should start revising. The subjects I study are:
Maths
Double science
Spainsh
Pe
Catering
ICT
Thanks.
SPANISH, MATHS AND SCIENCE AND ENGLISH-you need to be consistent through out the year, even if it's just going through your notes you made in class.
PE- January/ Feb
(never known anyone who did catering or ICT so I can't help you there)
Casey_Haigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by aamirac)
SPANISH, MATHS AND SCIENCE AND ENGLISH-you need to be consistent through out the year, even if it's just going through your notes you made in class.
PE- January/ Feb
(never known anyone who did catering or ICT so I can't help you there)
Thanks šŸ˜ƒ
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths
Double science
Spainsh
Pe
Catering
ICT
Thanks.
January is a pretty standard time to start to revise.
Revision tips:
Spoiler:
Show
Do the work your teacher sets you. Organise your time. Create a revision plan. Find out when all your exams are, and how much time you'll have to revise for each subject. Plan in breaks, you'll need them!

Organise your work. Get some folders and try to keep all of your revision material in one place, so you aren't frantically searching for it before the exams.

Widen your knowledge. Watch a documentary, read extra books, watch the news or go to museums.

Follow the syllabus for your exam board and year of exams. You should be able to find this on your exam board's website.Identify your strengths and weaknesses. Spend a longer time revising what you find difficult.

Figure out your learning style (auditory, kinaesthetic or visual). Make sure you're actually memorising the information, not just recognising it when flicking through a textbook.

Make good revision notes and index cards to revise from, and do this a long time before the exams so there isn't a mad rush at the end.

Get hold of some past papers and mark schemes, and practice applying what you've learnt in an exam-style. Make sure that any questions on topics you do find are actually covered in your syllabus/specification.

Create a successful revision environment (low background noise, alone/in groups, avoid distractions etc). Look after yourself: sleep, exercise, good food, stay hydrated.

aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Thanks šŸ˜ƒ
Your welcome! If you need any help just PM me throughout the year x
Casey_Haigh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laurasaur)
January is a pretty standard time to start to revise.
Revision tips:
Spoiler:
Show
Do the work your teacher sets you. Organise your time. Create a revision plan. Find out when all your exams are, and how much time you'll have to revise for each subject. Plan in breaks, you'll need them!

Organise your work. Get some folders and try to keep all of your revision material in one place, so you aren't frantically searching for it before the exams.

Widen your knowledge. Watch a documentary, read extra books, watch the news or go to museums.

Follow the syllabus for your exam board and year of exams. You should be able to find this on your exam board's website.Identify your strengths and weaknesses. Spend a longer time revising what you find difficult.

Figure out your learning style (auditory, kinaesthetic or visual). Make sure you're actually memorising the information, not just recognising it when flicking through a textbook.

Make good revision notes and index cards to revise from, and do this a long time before the exams so there isn't a mad rush at the end.

Get hold of some past papers and mark schemes, and practice applying what you've learnt in an exam-style. Make sure that any questions on topics you do find are actually covered in your syllabus/specification.

Create a successful revision environment (low background noise, alone/in groups, avoid distractions etc). Look after yourself: sleep, exercise, good food, stay hydrated.

Thank you so much that's so helpful
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you so much that's so helpful
No problemo I'm happy to help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.27%
England (108)
34.18%
Belgium (27)
8.54%
Germany (37)
11.71%
Spain (5)
1.58%