Anyone else have parents who can't take a joke? Watch

Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
Yes! The jokes always turn into twenty minute lectures.
Samulooki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I do, I threw a tortilla at my mom that said
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My mother never understands the joke and on top of that she has terrible hearing, so ANYTHING you say she will say "what???" and you literally have to yell it at her several times and then explain it for ages before she accepts it
zxyhf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I was kidding with him about Me already brushing my teeth or not, gives out full anger...
Edcrown
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just got a macbook and discovered Photo Booth. Naturally I found it hilarious and was playing around and I decided to show my dad the 'chipmunk' setting and pointed it toward him. He got really stern and told me that I shouldn't be 'doing this stuff to elders' (implying that it's disrespectful) and to stick with playing around with it with my siblings :confused:

Unfortunately I can't show anything to my dad without him getting angry about it because he perceives everything as a personal affront, even if it is hilarious and impersonal and is so unbelievably uptight and cannot take a joke.

Anyone relate?
He is teaching you manners, its as simple as that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads