The Student Room Group

Conflict parents

This is mainly for Pakistanis, but if you started dating an Indian girl, and really liked her, your parents r quite strict, what do u think they would do??

Disown?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Umm, nope. My parents aren't strict or conservative. If you asked my dad if he believes in God, he would say no. My mother, on the other hand, will say yes. If I dated an Indian girl, I can safely say my parents wouldnt give a flyin' ****.
Original post by InfiniteWisdom
Umm, nope. My parents aren't strict or conservative. If you asked my dad if he believes in God, he would say no. My mother, on the other hand, will say yes. If I dated an Indian girl, I can safely say my parents wouldnt give a flyin' ****.

Okay, so I shouldnt break it off to keep him and his family together. I like him a lot and don't want to cause any problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kickboxer 98
Okay, so I shouldnt break it off to keep him and his family together. I like him a lot and don't want to cause any problems

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on his family. I don't know if they're strict or liberal. If you're a Muslim, then I'd say don't worry, 'cuz religion will play a huge part in this. At least for his parents.
Original post by InfiniteWisdom
It depends on his family. I don't know if they're strict or liberal. If you're a Muslim, then I'd say don't worry, 'cuz religion will play a huge part in this. At least for his parents.

Im Hindu and he is Muslim I think, but I m not religious at all,so I really don't want to cause anything between them. I'd rather he be good with his family then leave them for me
Im Hindu and he is Muslim I think, but I m not religious at all,so I really don't want to cause anything between them. I'd rather he be good with his family then leave them for me

Why don't you ask him how his family feels about it?
They don't know about us
Reply 7
They would fight over a cashmere jumper.
What did u just call me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not Pakistani but hypothetically speaking, if my parents had a problem with who I wanted to marry I'd tell them to get ******. Ok I wouldn't go that far, but it's my life & I wouldn't cave in a let them dictate something as big as that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it is his family you are worried about then it is his choice, and his alone. Now I can't speak for the same issue since I'm British, but I know that if my parents had a problem with someone I could love very deeply in the future then they can go to hell, my parents should be there to support my decision, not judge it.

Hey, I'm a pakistani and a muslim too!

I don't really know how conservative his family is. If he really loves you, he will try to keep both, you and his family, happy.

Leaving all religious and cultural things aside, I'll talk about how practical it is. If he can leave his parents (who have been there for the past so many years) to be with you then he can leave you for someone else cause you've only been with him for a few years!

Take care and probably involve your parents in the decision making process. They could be quite helpful! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pointless Kitty
Hey, I'm a pakistani and a muslim too!

I don't really know how conservative his family is. If he really loves you, he will try to keep both, you and his family, happy.

Leaving all religious and cultural things aside, I'll talk about how practical it is. If he can leave his parents (who have been there for the past so many years) to be with you then he can leave you for someone else cause you've only been with him for a few years!

Take care and probably involve your parents in the decision making process. They could be quite helpful! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I guess, Tbh I know he is close to his mum but not so much his dad, I'm just worried by introducing me as an Indian girlfriend, someone who he loves, if that will push his parents away, I ddont want that, knowing me and him may still not work out, hopefully we do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yep they'd disown you 😂 listen your a confused little girl who doesn't know what they want and sources attention from attention seeking. Go out in the REAL world stop being so naive and get a life :smile:
Original post by DwellerD
Yep they'd disown you 😂 listen your a confused little girl who doesn't know what they want and sources attention from attention seeking. Go out in the REAL world stop being so naive and get a life :smile:

Says the one who broke up with me over text?
I'm older than you and u never got to know the real me so don't say I attention seek cause u don't know anything about me, why comment on here if u want to forget about me?
Original post by DwellerD

Harsh.

Anyway, I hear that you make sexual advances to strangers online; is this being in "the REAL world"? :biggrin:
its all down to culture in my opinion... if you can accept his culture/religion just to be safe, i think it should work out just fine otherwise it depends on his family and how strong they follow traditions ect
hope it works out for you tho :smile:
Original post by Cakeyygirl
its all down to culture in my opinion... if you can accept his culture/religion just to be safe, i think it should work out just fine otherwise it depends on his family and how strong they follow traditions ect
hope it works out for you tho :smile:

Tbh I'm never going to follow any religious beliefs so I don't know. Tbh I'll do anything they want but I will never believe in any of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
They don't know about us

If he,s parents are practising Muslims or are religious to some degree. I highly doubt they will accept or agree to your marriage ?

Have oyu ever thought why his parents dont know about your relationship
Original post by Pure class
If he,s parents are practising Muslims or are religious to some degree. I highly doubt they will accept or agree to your marriage ?

Have oyu ever thought why his parents dont know about your relationship

We rnt thinking of marriage yet, but neither or our parents know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending