bilalali2015
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

Can someone please help me? I don't really know what sixth form to go to.

My reasons for this are because at one of the sixth forms I can't get onto the A levels I really want to, but the college has got outstanding from ofsted (plus my best friend is going there).

The second college allows me to do the A levels I want and is closer to home. The problems are that I won't know anyone there and the college is opening new.

Please will someone advise me what college/sixth form I should pick?

Thanks
Alfie565
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The second one. Friends come and go bro, and if he really is your bestfriend, you'll stay in touch. Being able to pick the A Levels that you want is your main priority and plus the college is closer!
bilalali2015
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Alfie565;58714969]The second one. Friends come and go bro, and if he really is your bestfriend, you'll stay in touch. Being able to pick the A Levels that you want is your main priority and plus the college is closer!

Aha! Thanks bro😜 but literally no one I know is going to the second one...
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bilalali2015)
Hello,

Can someone please help me? I don't really know what sixth form to go to.

My reasons for this are because at one of the sixth forms I can't get onto the A levels I really want to, but the college has got outstanding from ofsted (plus my best friend is going there).

The second college allows me to do the A levels I want and is closer to home. The problems are that I won't know anyone there and the college is opening new.

Please will someone advise me what college/sixth form I should pick?

Thanks
I would go with the first choice personally but not because of knowing people.

The new college could turn out to be the worst and so you have poor teachers and support so dont get the grades you want. At least with the first choice you have some security about the teaching quality. Although we all know how teachers change when ofsted comes

Posted from TSR Mobile
xnads
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're not so sure about the quality of the teaching of the second college then check their latest ofsted report (they must have) and compare it to the college ofsted report that your friend is going to. And for the friends issue, like someone said. They come and go and I'm sure you'll meet someone. And if you don't then that's fine..you're not going to college to make friends. You're going there to study for your A-levels which are far more important. Good luck
bilalali2015
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=NineTailedFox;58716685]I would go with the first choice personally but not because of knowing people.

The new college could turn out to be the worst and so you have poor teachers and support so dont get the grades you want. At least with the first choice you have some security about the teaching quality. Although we all know how teachers change when ofsted comes

Posted from TSR Mobile haha so true about how teachers change when the name ofsted is mentioned.😂
bilalali2015
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=xnads;58717029]If you're not so sure about the quality of the teaching of the second college then check their latest ofsted report (they must have) and compare it to the college ofsted report that your friend is going to. And for the friends issue, like someone said. They come and go and I'm sure you'll meet someone. And if you don't then that's fine..you're not going to college to make friends. You're going there to study for your A-levels which are far more important. Good luck[thanks! Good luck to you too.😀]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.08%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (97)
10.73%
Lack of purpose or motivation (112)
12.39%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.87%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (49)
5.42%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (100)
11.06%
Financial worries (62)
6.86%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.54%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (87)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (74)
8.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise