What AS/A level grades do your gcse grades translate too?

Watch this thread
rachel6914
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just thought it would be interesting to see

For example

I achieved
7A* 4A GCSE
AAAC at AS

post yours and lets find out!
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Interesting thread.

An A* GCSE student is capable of getting a U at A level.
rxns_00
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
8A*s y11, 2As y10
AAAAAA at AS
vanicheong
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RonnieRJ)
8A*s y11, 2As y10
AAAAAA at AS
Wow that's really amazing to get 6As
Just wondering what subjects you do?
laylarose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
2 A*s 7 As and 1B at GCSE

AABU at AS
Asurat
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
3A*3A
AAAB at AS
colourtheory
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
2 A*s, 7 As and 2 Bs at GCSE

A*A*A at A2
rachel6914
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by RonnieRJ)
8A*s y11, 2As y10
AAAAAA at AS
very impressive congrats
oswalds
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
3 As, 4Bs and 2Cs at GCSE
AAAAB at AS

I think the main reason for such a difference is that I actually got help with my Dyslexia in 6th form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KatieAlicexxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
8 As 5 Bs at GCSE
AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A/A*A*A* at A2

GCSEs were the kick up the backside I needed for AS and motivated me to revise as I was so disappointed when I received my GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
rxns_00
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by vanicheong)
Wow that's really amazing to get 6As
Just wondering what subjects you do?
Thank you very much! I did maths, chemistry, biology, physics, general studies and polish as its mothers tongue (and mom made me lol)

(Original post by rachel6914)
very impressive congrats
Thanks so much!'
Ayaz123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Gcse: 1A, 7Bs , 4Cs
As: AAU
Bloxorus
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Gcse: 5a, 5b, 1c

as: AAAAA
a2: A*A*AA + A* epq
milliethemoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
GCSE: 3A*s 6As 2Bs and a C
AS: AAAA (and an A in A2 maths)
Ezme39
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
GCSE: 5a*, 5a
AS: ABBBB (and B in critical thinking)
A2: AAB (and A in EPQ)
Docjones1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
8A* 3A 2B
AS: AAAAAA (including general studies lol)
Haffem
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Looks like im gonna beat you all.
GCSE: 2A*s, 2As and like 8Bs
AS: UDC
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
as long as you don't go into year 12 with the mindset that because you're an a*/a student you'll continue to do well with minimal effort, your gcses will translate into great AS grades
Haffem
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tanyapotter)
as long as you don't go into year 12 with the mindset that because you're an a*/a student you'll continue to do well with minimal effort, your gcses will translate into great AS grades
Amen to that. Thats exactly what ive done and im gonna be lucky if my college lets me redo year 12
EllieEve
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
GCSES: 4A* 1A 1B
AS: ABBC

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
15.03%
The paper was reasonable (146)
51.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (69)
24.13%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
9.79%

Watched Threads