Turn on thread page Beta

Father missing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

A man went missing as soon as his child was born.
    Can a judge have him recognise the child?
    Is there a statute or something?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I believe child support would chase anyone thought to be the father to sort out the financial side. They would do a dna test so proof would be there. You cant force a relationship though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimsycrafts)
    I believe child support would chase anyone thought to be the father to sort out the financial side. They would do a dna test so proof would be there. You cant force a relationship though

Thanks!
    The relationship cant be forced, of course, but what happens to the childs right to a name and identity and inheritance, etc.
    Can child support declare that a certain person is actually the dad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zalo_00)
    Thanks!
    The relationship cant be forced, of course, but what happens to the childs right to a name and identity and inheritance, etc.
    Can child support declare that a certain person is actually the dad?
    The child can be given any surname you want. Child support can declare who the father is. Inheritance is a grey area depending on wills etc

ReputationRep:
    The child can be given any surname you want. Child support can declare who the father is. Inheritance is a grey area depending on wills etc
    So parenthood has nothing to do with dna tests??

ReputationRep:
    So parenthood has nothing to do with dna tests??
    How do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean?
    I mean, if Child Support can declare who the father is, what methods do they use to stablish that someone really is the father. Do they use dna paternity tests?

ReputationRep:
    I mean, if Child Support can declare who the father is, what methods do they use to stablish that someone really is the father. Do they use dna paternity tests?
    Yeahi said that earlier. Mother names the father. Chikd support chase him for money. He either says yes its his and starts paying or no and has to prove he isnt with a dna test

ReputationRep:
    Yeahi said that earlier. Mother names the father. Chikd support chase him for money. He either says yes its his and starts paying or no and has to prove he isnt with a dna test

That is definitely clear!
    What is not clear is: what happens if he refuses to take the test. Do they assume he is the father? Or do they tie him up to extract the blood for the test?

=D

ReputationRep:
    That is definitely clear!
    What is not clear is: what happens if he refuses to take the test. Do they assume he is the father? Or do they tie him up to extract the blood for the test?

=D
    They assume hes the father. I do believe a dna test can be court ordered. Why so interested?

ReputationRep:
    They assume hes the father. I do believe a dna test can be court ordered. Why so interested?
    Not because I'm being acused of being a father, luckily.
    Haha!
    I am doing research!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.