Mackay's Weekly Members Interview #1 - TornadoGR4

Watch
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Happy Friday, folks.

Welcome to Mackay's Weekly Members Interview. To kick things off is a member who enjoys both top-flight football and the lower leagues: Tornado G64.

Tornado chats to me about supporting The Damned United, whether ketchup belongs in the cupboard or the fridge, and climbing pylons as a child...

Username: TornadoGR4

Team: Leeds United.

What made you support Leeds? I was born and raised in Leeds. As was my dad, his dad and his dad as far back as we can go. There's no one else I could possibly support.

Where will you finish this season? Hoping for a top ten finish, but I think we're looking at around a 15th placed position again.

If you could take any Leeds player from the past and place them
in your current side, who would it be?
Mark Viduka.

Which Leeds player - past or present - have you had absolutely NO time for? David Norris. The club in financial disarray and he's happy to sit on the bench collective his disgustingly large wage.

Who should win the Labour leadership race? I don't know, I don't care for politics.

What do you think about the Calais migrant crisis? Border patrol needs vast improvement. I'm all for people applying for asylum if they've been displaced and ruined by war. But it needs to be legal!

Should e-cigarettes be prescribed on the NHS for people wanting to quit? Nah, my mum quit over 10 years ago without them.

When did you last walk out of a movie? I don't like going to the cinema, and I don't think I've ever walked out before.

Speaking of movies. What film do you HATE that everybody else seems to like?
Never really liked Armageddon. Everyone has said they loved it.

What's your favourite vegetable? Terri Schiavo

What do you want as your funeral song? Queen - The Show Must Go On.

What one thing do you do better than anyone else you know? I give a lot to charity. Direct debits, and street collectors, a lot more than other people.
What would be the title of your autobiography? The Damned Supporter

What would be your final meal on Death Row? Got a big thing for Chicken Legends with Salsa from McDonald's right now.

Tell us a joke, Tornado. Just go look in a mirror!

You've got a time machine, where are you going? 15th September 1940, London. (Mackay's ed: For anybody who doesn't know, this is Battle of Britain Day)

If you could introduce a rule into football from ANY other sport (i.e. sin-bins), what would it be? A video referee.

What really pisses you off that shouldn't? Laziness. I hate it when people are lazy.

They say truth is stranger than fiction - what true story have you got that no one ever believes? Climbed half way up a pylon when I was kid. People don't believe it because that'd normally kill you but for whatever reason, it didn't.

If you could be the greatest of all time at any profession which would you choose? Military pilot.

Ketchup - do you keep it in the fridge or the cupboard? Cupboard, who the **** is putting it in the fridge?

If you had to live the rest of your life in one supermarket aisle which one would you pick? I worked in a supermarket before joining the RAF, definitely the yogurt, cooked meats and cheese aisle. Good variety with drinks.

Which TSR member would you like to go for a pint with? Any of Mackay, Jangrafess, Wavefunction.

So, over to you TSR members. What do you want to ask Tornado?
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Who should win the Labour leadership race? I don't know, I don't care for politics.
Isn't this a bit strange for someone who's going into the army, to 'protect the borders of this country' yadda yadda yadda?

What do you think about the Calais migrant crisis? Border patrol needs vast improvement. I'm all for people applying for asylum if they've been displaced and ruined by war. But it needs to be legal!
Are you deliberately trying to be naive

Should e-cigarettes be prescribed on the NHS for people wanting to quit? Nah, my mum quit over 10 years ago without them.
'My mum = 12 million smokers in the UK'
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all I'd like to thank Mackay for giving me this opportunity to get people to know a bit more about me :cool:

(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
Isn't this a bit strange for someone who's going into the army, to 'protect the borders of this country' yadda yadda yadda?
I'm not going into the army. Furthermore, I'm too young & too new for the government's actions to directly affect me.

Are you deliberately trying to be naive
What? I have no problems with immigration at all. Just people trying to sneak in illegally

'My mum = 12 million smokers in the UK'
Well I'm just saying that it's possible, and people managed to kick the habit before e-cigs. I don't know the cost to the nhs that e-cigs have.

Please don't use this as an opportunity to attack me for whatever reasons. I'm happy to explain my reasoning for something but not in such a confrontational way.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't go for a pint with you either you treacherous piece of garbage. Everything about you is of the gutter.
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Please don't use this as an opportunity to attack me for whatever reasons. I'm happy to explain my reasoning for something but not in such a confrontational way.
This forum would be awful if you expected anyone to reply with an affirmative 'cor blimey Jim you climbed a pylon you daft lad! My ol man did that when ee was a young'un an crikey, jim m'boy, he got given a right ol fright!' There's no confrontation about it, I just picked out the bits which were questionable. What's the point of volunteering for a public interview if you are going to take any questions directed at you as an attack?
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
This forum would be awful if you expected anyone to reply with an affirmative 'cor blimey Jim you climbed a pylon you daft lad! My ol man did that when ee was a young'un an crikey, jim m'boy, he got given a right ol fright!' There's no confrontation about it, I just picked out the bits which were questionable. What's the point of volunteering for a public interview if you are going to take any questions directed at you as an attack?
There's a way to go about it & you've obviously chosen to word your questions in such a way that you intend to talk me down. As I've said, I'm happy to respond to anything that's been questioned, but don't be such a **** about it.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
There's a way to go about it & you've obviously chosen to word your questions in such a way that you intend to talk me down. As I've said, I'm happy to respond to anything that's been questioned, but don't be such a **** about it.
Just take everything Pimped Butterfly says with a pinch of salt. I don't think he can comprehend how offensive/insulting/rude his manner comes across in his posts. It's been pointed out several times.
yelllowribbon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's your opinion of El-Hadji Diouf?
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yelllowribbon)
What's your opinion of El-Hadji Diouf?
Bit of a ********
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seriously though, you need to start putting your ketchup in the fridge.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Video referees/replays is spot on. Football is in the dark ages compared to sports like tennis, rugby etc.

Two other daft rules that need to be changed:

- No drinking alcohol in a stadium within view of the pitch.

- No showing football in the UK on telly on a Saturday between the hours of 3pm and 5:15pm. The whole world can watch our matches except us. It's our ****ing league.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What made you want to join the RAF? What position do you hope to eventually end up whilst there? Good luck with it.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's your favourite vegetable? Terri Schiavo
The **** is a Terri Schiavo
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
The **** is a Terri Schiavo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo_case
The Shed End
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The vegetable answer was golden m9
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would you stay in Leeds/want to bring up your kids in Leeds (if you want kids) or would you just drag them back to Leeds to watch football matches?

Or would they be allowed to follow their own team or choosing/own sport of choosing?
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Seriously though, you need to start putting your ketchup in the fridge.
Who actually does this? It's never chilled in supermarkets or restaurants :confused:

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Video referees/replays is spot on. Football is in the dark ages compared to sports like tennis, rugby etc.

Two other daft rules that need to be changed:

- No drinking alcohol in a stadium within view of the pitch.

- No showing football in the UK on telly on a Saturday between the hours of 3pm and 5:15pm. The whole world can watch our matches except us. It's our ****ing league.
Imagine how much history could've changed if we had a video ref for years.

(Original post by Nichrome)
What made you want to join the RAF? What position do you hope to eventually end up whilst there? Good luck with it.
Travel opportunities. At least Sergeant so I'd get the opportunity to work on board a AWACS aircraft. Thanks
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Would you stay in Leeds/want to bring up your kids in Leeds (if you want kids) or would you just drag them back to Leeds to watch football matches?

Or would they be allowed to follow their own team or choosing/own sport of choosing?
Depends where I live & how long I'm in the military. I'd certainly tell them the importance of supporting their local team and wouldn't be at all disappointed if they opted to support them as well as/instead of Leeds. But they may get dragged to Elland Road a few times anyway
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Good to see such a response to this. Thanks to Tornado for doing it! Next week is another cracking member.
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't wait for Tom Fords or Zurichs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.61%
Uncertainty around my education (155)
16.45%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (89)
9.45%
Isolating with family (65)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.61%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (83)
8.81%
Loneliness (95)
10.08%
Financial worries (40)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise