Going on a Japanese school exchange!

Watch
Zipper12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello! I'm here today asking if anybody knows if it's possible for me to go to Japanese school for a few months, maybe in the holidays, if so, what would happen? Would I be staying in somebodies home? Would I be in a hotel, or would I have to find something myself? How well would I have to know Japanese? What can I look forward too whilst there? Is there even a things such as what I'm talking about?

Sorry for all the questions, anyway, if you know of any exchange events like these, could you please show me?

Regards,
Jack
jamiep151
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,

I spent 3 months going to a language school in Tokyo whilst staying with a host family and I got all the info/ did all the booking through the following website http://gogonihon.com/en/learn-japanese-study-in-japan. If rather than language school you mean go to a normal school I'm not sure if this is possible but it would require a high level of Japanese JLPT 2 minimum maybe 1.

As to what to look forward to the answer is everything :L
Zipper12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jamiep151)
Hey,

I spent 3 months going to a language school in Tokyo whilst staying with a host family and I got all the info/ did all the booking through the following website http://gogonihon.com/en/learn-japanese-study-in-japan. If rather than language school you mean go to a normal school I'm not sure if this is possible but it would require a high level of Japanese JLPT 2 minimum maybe 1.

As to what to look forward to the answer is everything :L
Thank you for the early reply! Just to ask, did you know any Japanese before you went? What did you do whilst you were there? Did you spend a lot of time with Japanese people? Sorry for so many questions!
jamiep151
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zipper12)
Thank you for the early reply! Just to ask, did you know any Japanese before you went? What did you do whilst you were there? Did you spend a lot of time with Japanese people? Sorry for so many questions!
Before I went I was pretty much a beginner I knew hiragana, katakana, about 15 kanji and some basic phrases, vocab and grammar (probably about 15-20 hours study).

While there I went to school 3 hours a day Monday-Friday with homework and spent what time I could exploring Tokyo. As I was with a host family I spent a huge amount of time with Japanese people there are also loads and loads of events for foreigners and Japanese to meet and exchange language, just have fun, etc and I ended up with many friends my own age/ similar.
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry I don't have anything productive to add other than I'm so jealous T__T I've been learning Japanese for two years now so if you want any help learning the language let me know (not that I'm an expert xD)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads