Going into AS Level, thoughts on these choices?

Watch
Inbetweenersfan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My choices were originally Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Business Studies but that has had to be changed now.

I received 1 A*, 2 As, 5 Bs and 7 Cs in my GCSEs. I got an overall B in Additional Science with a B in Biology, a B in Chemistry and a B in Physics. I received a C in Business Studies and a C in Maths which was another reason why I couldn't choose it for AS level. I also received a B in English Literature and a B in English Language.It turns out that I am unable to do Chemistry and Business Studies because I did not get a B in Maths. When I went to sign up for Biology, the Biology teacher told me to possibly reconsider picking Biology because the course is 10% maths and I may struggle with a C in Maths but I told her that I will try my best.

I had to swap Chemistry and Business Studies with English Literature and English Language but I now have to change my career prospects because I originally wanted to become a pharmacist.

My new subjects are Biology, English Language, English Literature and Psychology.

On another note, I really enjoy English Literature and English Language and I was wondering if taking them both together would be overwhelming. Thoughts?
Inbetweenersfan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
cathartic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
look at the type of career you want to get into and uni and see if Unis respect the subjects and combination you have taken

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.22%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.9%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.71%

Watched Threads