The Student Room Group

Going into AS Level, thoughts on these choices?

My choices were originally Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Business Studies but that has had to be changed now.

I received 1 A*, 2 As, 5 Bs and 7 Cs in my GCSEs. I got an overall B in Additional Science with a B in Biology, a B in Chemistry and a B in Physics. I received a C in Business Studies and a C in Maths which was another reason why I couldn't choose it for AS level. I also received a B in English Literature and a B in English Language.It turns out that I am unable to do Chemistry and Business Studies because I did not get a B in Maths. When I went to sign up for Biology, the Biology teacher told me to possibly reconsider picking Biology because the course is 10% maths and I may struggle with a C in Maths but I told her that I will try my best.

I had to swap Chemistry and Business Studies with English Literature and English Language but I now have to change my career prospects because I originally wanted to become a pharmacist.

My new subjects are Biology, English Language, English Literature and Psychology.

On another note, I really enjoy English Literature and English Language and I was wondering if taking them both together would be overwhelming. Thoughts?
look at the type of career you want to get into and uni and see if Unis respect the subjects and combination you have taken

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest