The Student Room Group

Last Man Standing 15/16

This is how it works. Every week the fixtures for the Premier League are posted in this thread. All you have to do is post the name of a team you think will WIN* that week.

However, once you've picked that team, it is gone until there is a last man (or woman @Lyrical Prodigy) standing. Then we enter round 2 and everyone is back in and allowed to pick teams again.

So for example:

In week 1, I pick Arsenal, they win and I am through to next week's fixtures.
In week 2, I can pick anyone but Arsenal. I pick Stoke, they win and I am through again.
In week 3, I can pick anyone but Arsenal and Stoke. I pick Tottenham, they draw. I am out and have to wait until there is a last man standing to re enter.

You can pick the best teams to start off with and play like that if you want, but it may help to consider future fixtures and if you'd be better off picking a weaker team now and saving the stronger team for a better time.

When there is one poster left, they win and we enter round two.

The poster who is the last man standing the most times over the season is the overall winner. There will be a prize for the winner (which is yet to be confirmed but you will definitely receive Wilf's autograph**).

If two or more posters are tied, there will be a tiebreaker (probably involving the Champions League final - we will do what minute is the first goal scored in, if there is no goal then move on to something else like bookings, corners, free kicks etc until there is a winner).

*I have chosen WIN, because I think this will be more difficult and allow rounds to be started again much quicker than if it was just 'avoid defeat'. It will give posters less time to have to wait before they can start playing again once they're out.

**Not really.

I think that's it :confused: So I'll just tag all the mandem now.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is his starting next week or tomorrow?
In
in ofc, this gameweek or starting the one after?
Original post by little_wizard123
Is his starting next week or tomorrow?

Can start tomorrow.
Fixtures:

Saturday, 22 August:

Man United v Newcastle
West Ham v Bournemouth
Sunderland v Swansea City
Norwich City v Stoke City
Leicester City v Tottenham
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa

Sunday, 23 August

West Brom v Chelsea
Watford v Southampton
Everton v Man City

Monday, 24 August

Arsenal v Liverpool
So just post your teams innit.

Tottenham.
Offended that I wasn't tagged.

Spurs
Swansea
http://i41.tinypic.com/j0jm2h.gif

EDIT: Swansea
Reply 9
Just because Wilf is the thread creator, I'll back teams to constantly beat Villa.

So this week, Palace :pierre:
Palace

CHELSKI.
Ouch not tagged in.
No obvious winners tbh so will go for
Swansea
Original post by Zerforax
Offended that I wasn't tagged.

Spurs

:biggrin:

I did actually plan to tag you cos I was getting usernames from the club threads, must have just forgot yours.

Original post by mhsc
Just because Wilf is the thread creator, I'll back teams to constantly beat Villa.

So this week, Palace :pierre:

bants

@Stiff Little Fingers
Man Utd.
Oh nice Wilf you still remember me!

Stoke
Original post by Dirtybit

CHELSKI.

aww sucks out on the first week, feels bad bro,
Manchester United.
Original post by joey11223
aww sucks out on the first week, feels bad bro,

WIN-WIN Bro.
In.

How are you gonna keep track of all the teams that each user has already picked though?

Quick Reply

Latest